Changes

Addi's POV

     I woke up and felt a shit ton of pain through my whole body. I don't fully remember it all, I do remember the wolf mutant throwing me into a wall and then I just blacked out from pain. I looked around myself and saw I was in my room and Raph had his head on my bed, he was sleeping. Spike and Mona Lisa were near me too, they were on the opposite side of me from Raph. I went to wake up Raph my shaking him but when I saw my hand, I almost freaked out completely. It was covered in purple quills and had two large spikes on it!

     I looked at my other hand and it looked the exact same, I looked down at myself and saw I was in the same clothes I am normally in. I woke up Raph, I was beyond scared and I needed to make sure this wasn't just me going nuts. "Raph, Raph please wake up." "Huh? Addi you're up!!" He looked so happy to see me awake, Mona and Spike woke up too. Mona started meowing for love and Spike started headbutting me for love too. Raph waited for me to give both of them lets and lovings then I turned my attention to him. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "Raph, what happened to me? Please tell me I am dreaming." I said while lightly pushing him away so I could get a look at his eyes. He looked sad, "You aren't dreaming hun. You got bit by a ozzsquito, you weren't injected with all of the mutagen because you were thrown into it so it was squished but still. You got enough of it to change into a, huh I'm not sure what you turned into actually." 

     I looked down at myself and realized I don't know what I am. I went to stand up but I almost fell. I realized I was shorter than normal, I walked over to my mirror and saw I looked like a character from Sonic, uh Knuckles! He was the one I looked like, so I was a echidna. Wack, but I better get used to it. "Um, Addi you ok?" Raph was concerned, he seemed to be moving slower as if he would scare me if he went fast or acted normally. "Heh yea, I'll be ok. You know you don't have to act like you need to be careful, right?" His face turned red when he realized I called him out on it. "Heh sorry, I just don't wanna make ya uncomfortable is all." He scratched at the back of his neck. I walked up to him and booped his nose. "I'm fine, my question is if you realize what you called me earlier?" "Um, no?" "Heh good to know, hun" I said that with a smile as I walked out of the room, I looked over my shoulder when I saw him come out with a bright red face. 

     He did call me a teaser which I was fine with. We started walking down the stairs to the kitchen when I stopped, I was scared of how the others would react to me. I know Raph wouldn't care much, mainly cuz he was there the whole time, but the other ones weren 't. "Hey, they won't see you any different. You are still Addison, if anything April will react the most cuz of life uptop changing." Raph said with his hand on my shoulder. I nodded to him, and he kissed my forehead, surprisingly no quills got him heh. We walked into the kitchen, I asked Raph to go first then I would follow. "Raph! Did Addison wake up? Is she ok? Where is she?" I heard all of these questions from everyone at the same time. Leo, Mikey, Donnie, and April but I didn't hear Splinter, where could he be? "Choosing not to show yourself yet?" I heard someone behind me, and I jumped, my quills actually moved to go up and spike. It was Splinter, so this is where he was. "Uh n-no not really, just nervous. Very nervous." I tried to fiddle with the quills on my hands to make them go down and I got them to, but I don't know how to get the ones on my head down. 

     "Please bend down, I want to give you something." I bent down like Splinter asked and he patted down the quills and put a necklace onto me. "Um, might I ask what it is?" "You will find that out on your own because, I do not know what it will do. It does something different for anyone who wears it, but later I will explain what it is yes." He walked into the kitchen after patting my arm and made a motion for me to follow. I walked in and heard everyone grow silent, that didn't help with the nerves. "Aw, she is so cute and tiny!" April came up to me and started messing with my quills and I heard Mikey celebrating in the background. "I am not the shortest now!! Yes!" Mikey you were never the shortest, father was." "Yea well out of the teenagers I was, now I'm not!" I laughed at them and pushed April's hands away from my face, when she actually got a good look at me, she realized what I was. "Addi, you're a Sonic character-" "No, no I am not. I think I'm an echidna but I'm not sure. I mean we both thought the same thing with the Sonic idea."

     Donnie told me that now that I was fully changed, he could do some tests to find out what exactly I was, I agreed. We all went to his lab and sure as heck, I was an echidna. At this point I guess it fully hit that my life was gonna be completely different because Donnie found a list of what echidnas need, eat, how they survive, everything. So many things were different, and I started to panic. "Um Addison, are you ok?" I heard Leo ask me, but I couldn't answer. I just saw a mix of purple and red showing up, I heard Raph and Splinter trying to talk to me and I started to calm down. When I was fully calmed down, they started to ask me questions, a ton at a time. "Enough! Let her calm down, I need to explain something to her. Then you all can ask your questions, please come with me Addison." Splinter said to everyone and he had me follow him to a room I haven't seen yet, I was guessing it was Splinters room because of the look of it. 

     "I need you to listen to me, you are going to be needing to gain a lot of control over yourself now." He said as he turned to grab something, they were gloves. He walked over to me and put the gloves on my hands without speaking a single word, somehow for some random gloves they fit perfectly on my hand and over the spikes. "Um Splinter, might I ask how and where you got these?" I was confused on why they fit so perfectly. "Because they were given to me from your father, he seemed ready for this." I was shocked, how could Splinter know anything about my dad, I didn't know a ton about my dad other than what I learned while he was still around. "I am guessing you have no idea how your father could have known about this, correct?" I nodded my head very quickly. "Ok then, get comfy because this will be a long story."