Explanation

Fair warning, this chapter isn't very happy. It talks a lot of Addisons family, her father, and what happened to her. So, in all there are some depressing topics to some in this chapter. I will put a little mark like __________ this between the parts that are kind of heavy and the ones that seem more story important. But either way please enjoy!

Addis Pov

     I finished eating my cereal and talking with the whole family when I remembered I wanted to talk with Splinter about a few things. "I've gotta go talk to Splinter about a few things, I'll be back in a few." I told everyone as I got up to leave. "Before ya go, could I talk to you Addi?" Raph asked me and I nodded, so he had me follow him to the hallway. "Is everything ok? You have had to talk to Pops about a lot of things and I wanna make sure you are ok." He gave me a look of worry, I sighed and explained to him what has been happening. "I am ok, I just talk with Splinter a lot because he knows about my dad. He knows the stuff he did and many ideas and reasons why my dad did what he did. So, I have been going to him for answers, he was gonna give me a few more today but we slept through the alarm." I heard Raph chuckle at the thought of how we both reacted to sleeping through the alarm. "Ok, I just wanted to make sure ya were ok. I'll be with the others when your done talkin with Pops." "Ok".

     I walked down the hallway to Splinters room and knocked on the door. I heard Splinter yell come in from the other side, so I went in. "Hey Splinter, you said you wanted to talk right? About my mom and dad." "Yes, you told me that you were questioning yourself, your father, and your mother, right?" I nodded my head, and he patted down on the spot next to him, so I sat down. "I cannot give you for sure answers about somethings, but I can try my best. So please explain what has been bothering you?"

___________________________SADDER TOPICS START NEAR HERE!!!!

 I hesitated, thinking about everything that happened the other day. "In all honesty, everything. Why did my father do this? Is he actually dead or just hiding away or something? Is this why my mother wasn't around much? Was I born only for this? I don't know anything about this magic, and it scares me at times, I don't even realize it starts until the stupid necklace feels-" I was cut off by exactly what I was saying. The necklace glowed a red and blue color, along with that it felt like it was pressing down on my chest. 

     Splinter just looked at me as I looked towards him with tears in my eyes. "Do you see what I mean?" He just sighed. "Sadly Addison, I cannot answer some of those questions. Either because I do not know, or I do not wish to give you an answer that might harm you. Others I can answer." I looked towards him waiting for the answers he would give me. "Your mother. You said that he was never around much after what happened to your father, she left you on your own or with a babysitter. I recall your father telling me things about Yoki and mutants, but I never believed him. Neither did your mother, she hated the idea, and he went as far as to show her proof of them. Seeing them and seeing how they acted made her hate them and your father more, so when she found out what your father had done to you. I would not be surprised if she would have treated you badly because of it."      

     I was confused and hurt. My mother hated me because of something my father did, and she hated me for it. I looked towards Splinter. "Please continue, what about why my father did this? And could he still be out there?" I said gesturing to my whole body. "As I would like to think it was just because of curiosity and him being a bad person, I know it is not just that. Draxum talked so much of taking over mankind with powerful mutants and taking back the surface world that he got pulled into it as well. I hate to think this, but I think your father did this to you in hopes of making someone who could do whatever he wished for. As for your father still being out there, I think he could be. A body was never found where he was said to have been killed, so perhaps he fled and ran off in hopes of getting away, but I do not think he understands that he cannot get away from what he has done. Draxum will always search for him for revenge, and he has left permanent marks here, on both you and his other family members."

_________________________MORE STORY IMPORTANT AND HAPPY PARTS HERE!

     I just looked down with tears in my eyes. "However." I looked up at him. "You were not born only for this. Before your father found out about how to create mutants, he had no intention of harming you. He loved his little girl, and he wanted the best for her. But when Draxum came into play he saw a way to make those who laughed and called him crazy pay for it, he let his emotions beat his morals and love for his child. That is what led him to want a powerful mutant to help him in that." I was crying at this point. It was happy tears, and the necklace was glowing a faint yellow color. "What about the magic? Why does it have to be emotion based and how can I control it without having to pretty much have no bad emotions?" I saw him think for a second, then he replied. "I think the magic was emotion based because what he did was based on emotions and a lot of things happened around you with different emotions. He made you a mutant because he was angry, your mother became angry and upset with him, there were times you were happy and cheerful, times people were happy and in love near you. Perhaps the magic was still forming throughout the years, and it held onto emotions as a way to grow even more."

     I held onto the necklace, it felt warm now. Not hot like anger, not cold like sadness, just warm like everything was ok now. "As for you learning to control it, that will take time. Look at the boys, the only one who seems to have the most control is Red. Mikey and Leo struggle constantly and Donnie has not even tapped into his because he did not choose a weapon with the abilities. It will take time. The necklace will help you keep more control. It will let the power from the good emotions free and try to hold back some of the powers for the bad." I smiled at him. "Thank you Splinter, thank you very much." He smiled back and nodded. "Now why don't you head out and spend some time with the others before everyone has to go onto patrol? I do not know if you and Raph will go because of how late you slept in, but that is up to you." I nodded my head, gave Splinter a hug, and left to find the others.

     I found the others in the arcade. They were seeing who could get the highest score on the dancing game. "Yo Addi! Wanna give it a shot?" Mikey yelled towards me as soon as he saw me get in the arcade, I saw that Leos score was on top and I wanted to reck it for him. "Ya know what Mikey, why not? Might as well show Leo what it is like to be in second place after all." I heard everyone but Leo gasp. "Ok then missy, bring it!" Leo challenged me, I got up on the machine and I absolutely recked his score! While being a mutant has its downsides, it has a lot better moments too!