Talk

Addi's Pov

     What could Splinter know about my dad that I didn't? How would he know, he is a rat, right? Unless he was a human once, does that mean that the boys were once human too? Wait what would Raph even look like-. I lightly shook my head as a way to force myself back on track, Splinter let out a small sigh.

    "Not even my boys are aware of this yet, but I was once a human who knew your father. Lou Jitsu and Robart, we were very close. He would help me get prepared for movies, time away from the set, and we were very good friends. Sadly, he did begin to change when fame started to get to him. He lost sights of what was truly important, he only saw money and fame. When I was captured my Baron Draxum, he was as well. He wasn't used to fight unlike I was, he was used for his knowledge of animals. Draxum would as him more about animals on the surface so he could create his powerful mutants. Draxum gave your father a small amount of the test mutagen for him to put inside of a human, your father knew that your mother was pregnant with you. So, he waited until you were born to give it to you, I am not sure how or when, but it did not work the way he thought it would. He returned to Draxum with the news of the failure, and he sent your fathwer away. He told him to find out what would happen to you, while he would work on the mutagen, then they would try again."

     He stopped for a minute, looking at me to see if I was ok. I felt fine, but also anger started to boil. I kept in mind that I had to keep my cool, so I took small deep breathes in order to calm down. Splinter smiled for a minute then continued.

     "Draxum finally mastered the mutagen and gave it to your father again. This time he mixed it with echidna DNA in order to make sure there would be a change. When your father gave it to you this time, he saw the results he wanted. Your eyes changed color, your hair changed color, and your hands changed even the smallest bit." I interrupted him for a small second, "What do you mean all those things changed? My mother told me my eyes have always been blue, my hands were more male like because of my dad, and we always dyed my hair because I loved the color which I do." "I am going to repeat the things your father said that day, he said your eyes went from brown to blue, your hands became more male like over their normal baby girl looks, and your hair got streaks of purple in it. Do you wish for me to continue?" I nodded my head again, pretty much at a loss of words.

     "Draxum was very happy with these results, mainly because it only took a extra month so you were only two month old. He got four small turtles out of a box, each one different. Your father was excited to see what would happen, because he brought in the turtles for the experiment. They used my DNA for the turtles and it turned them into the boys they are today, sadly I was bitten by a rat which turned me into this." He gestured to himself. "Sadly I was never able to save your father from the future he had. He was hunted down and killed, the way your mother might've told you was-" "There was a accident at his work, a construction site." I jumped in before he could finish. "Yes, I was unaware of this until Blue showed me the news of a accident. I only knew it was him because it showed his name, picture, and a interview with his family. You and your mother were there, heh Red actually felt very sorry for you because he saw you holding a small toy and only mumbling." My face turned slightly red at this and he laughed.

     After he calmed down, he started speaking again. "So, now that you know of the back story it is time for you to understand why you need to control your emotions." I leaned forward, very interested now. "You have seen what the boys are capable of doing, with you now being an echidna you have powers similar. Yours are powered by emotions and run through you rather than being added to you by weapons. These powers of yours have been around for years actually, from the second time the mutagen was added to your blood you had them." I was silent, I have had powers since I was not even half a year old. I felt pressure on my chest where the necklace was, I actually forgot about it. "What about the necklace? Why did you give me it?" He looked up at me and smiled again, "That necklace will hopefully help control the powers from your emotions, it is your choice to wear it for the help or to take control yourself." I hesitated, I wanted to be able to control it myself but if the powers are that red and purple stuff from earlier I know I won't be able to. 

     "I think I'll keep it on for a while, at least until I know what to expect." I just smiled at him and started to get up. "Um, Addison do you think that you can keep the whole me being Lou Jitsu thing just between us please? I don't think I am ready for them to know yet." I walked over to him and hugged him. "I promise to keep your sectret until you are ready." He smiled and hugged me back, "Thank you." We let go of each other and made our way out of the room, we went back to the kitchen to find no one in there, Splinter told me he was going to the living room, so I made my way around the lair until I found everyone in the arcade. "Ok, I got this."  I said to myself and walked into the arcade and instantly got a very surprising question from Mikey.