There's No escape

I couldn't sleep last night, I kept tossing and turning, not to mention that this bed is as hard as a rock. The clock on the wall reads 4:57. I'm not sure what time wake up call is but something tells me sleeping in isn't an option here. I go to play with my ring but then I remember I dropped it outside the roller rink. I let out a sigh and lay on my back as I stare at the ceiling. The blinking cameras are really giving me a headache, do they ceriously just watch us all night? I start to hear the fant echoing of footsteps down the hall, I check the time and it reads 4:59. Wake up call must be exactly at 5:00. There must be a button or something that unlocks all the doors at once to keep everything on schedule. I hear a buzz that continues to echo through the building and suddenly my door clicks open to reveal a tall man in all white, his piercing blue eyes seem to stare deep into my soul. His smile is pure but sometimes lies beneath it, something sad, something broken.

???: "Good morning sleepyhead"

I think he noticed the bags under my eyes because his smile faded to a more concerned look for a split second. I ignore his gaze and get up and start walking towards the door. I can still feel his eyes on me as I walk further past him. I feel his firm hand lightly grip my shoulder. He leans down and whispers next to my ear

???: "Keep moving forward and don't look back, I don't want you getting in trouble with Papa"

I'm not sure if this is a warning or just some considerate advice, but the soft tone of his voice sounds like he's being genuine. I give a small nod and he releases his hand. We begin to walk down the hall, I see a bunch of other children leave their assigned rooms, all have shaved heads and wear matching hospital gowns. As I begin to walk single file with the rest I notice that many are staring at me, probably because I'm in normal clothing and my hair is still long. I notice little numbers on the children's wrist in front of me. El had one just like it on her wrist and I can only assume that it won't be long till I get my own. I take account of how many rooms are on each wall before we turn the next corner and how far apart each one is from the other. We approach two big cora doors, the doors fly open to reveal a huge white room with a rainbow going around. El told me they call it the rainbow room, how original. Just before I'm about to enter the room someone grabs my arm and yanks me to the side, I look up to see Dr.Brenner staring down at me.

Dr. Brenner: "Come with me 017, you'll be going to a different room today, but don't worry you'll have your time in the rainbow room soon enough"

I glare up at him, I can already guess where I'm going.

(Time skip)

I'm pulled into a room with what looks like a dentist chair, in fact the whole room looks like a doctors office of some sort, they're probably trying to make this place seem as normal as possible, the thought making me almost laugh in amusement. As if this place is anywhere near normal. It's anything BUT normal. Suddenly two big guards enter the room.

Dr.Brenner: "Strap her down, make sure she is secure, she's a smart one, we don't want her getting away".

Once again I laugh. They have no idea. On my way here I was holding my hands tightly together to create heat. Sweat began to form making my hands slippery, I knew It was time to get my number, so I prepared myself ahead of time. As the guards strapped my wrists in place I could already tell that my hands will be able to slip right out if I struggle enough. Dr.Brenner hasn't seemed to notice, I honestly expected him to, he's a man of research and I assumed he'd take account of every possible outcome. None the less, I'm still glad he hasn't noticed. Once the guards are done strapping my wrists in place they leave the room. I know they're just standing outside because I don't hear their footsteps go any further down the hall, but I already assumed that was the case and prepared ahead of time.

Dr.Brenner: "Now 017, you must stay very still and relaxed"

I scoff at his request, relaxed? Give me a break. I'm strapped to a strange chair, in a strange place, with strange people, and being called a strange name. Relaxed should be the last thing I should feel. Brenner turns his back to get the needle and inc ready. Now's my chance. I begin to pull my sweaty hands out of the straps. I manage to get one hand out. The hard part is over because now I can use my other hand to help get the other out. Brenner hasn't seemed to notice because he hasn't even glanced over, must be because he's so old. I carefully get out of the chair, I grab the tray of tools on the side table next to me, I slowly creep up behind Brenner and wack him as Hard as I can, I catch him before he can hit the ground so he doesn't make any noise that will bring attention to myself. I Hear the guard say something.

Guard: "Everything ok in there sir?"

I quickly plug in the tattoo needle so it sounds like he's working on my arm, the guards seem to assume everything is fine because they don't ask again. I look around the room for anything sharp I can use. I notice the camera in the corner of the wall blinking. Shit. Suddenly the alarm goes off and the room blinks red. The door burst open and the two guards run towards me. I quickly grab the tattoo needle and jam it into the first guard's neck, he lets out a loud scream and I kick him in the chest sending him crashing into the guard behind him. I quickly grab the key card around the guards waste.

Y/n: "I'll take that, thanks".

I begin running down the halls, I memorized each pattern and turn it took to get to here, I trace it back to the rainbow room, then to my assigned room, then the more tricky part. I have to recognize the floor patterns that I took into account while I was blindfolded. I nod my head in confidence and make a right, then a left, then another right. I can feel my heart beating out of my chest as I gasp for air. The sound of the alarm is giving me a headache and the red blinking lights don't help.

(Time skip)

Finally, after running around like a headless chicken, as lucas would call it, I make my way to the exit. Just as I'm about to push the elevator button I feel a sharp pain hit right in the middle of my shoulder blades. The sudden shock surprises me as I let out a gasp. I fall to the floor as my body goes numb.

"No, I was so close" I mumble

I start crawling towards the door, desperate to get out of this place

Dr. Brenner: "Oh 017, that was a silly choice to make"

He squats down to my level. I slowly look up at him. He looks down at me and grins. He gives me a look that says "I'm in control, I make the rules". I begin to slip in and out of consciousness. Before my vision goes blank, I hear Brenner say something, I only heard the last part of his sentence before I fully slipped out of consciousness.

Dr. Brenner: "There's no escape".