Right?

For a while I just stood there, Piecing together everything I just heard.

Not only does this Simon guy know my name, but he also seems to know about my affection for Peter..

But how?

And Betrayal?

From Peter?
That can't be right..

Peter would never do anything to hurt me.

He's given me no reason not to trust him.

Normally I can tell when someone is lying. Theres recognizable features and or actions that they give off when they do. Such as a change in pupil size, increasing voice pitch, fidgeting, sweating, or the incapability of looking one in the eye.

But this man showed no signs of lying. Either he's trained himself to control these defining actions, or he is 100% telling the truth.

That still leaves the question of How and Why...

(Time skip)

After a while Brenner pushes through the doors, all the kids following behind.

Right away, I watch them all run to a station in the room.

All of them have small bandages above their wrists.

Did they transfer the blood directly into the vein?

I watch Peter slowly make his way in.

He looks pale..
Well more than he usually does..

It almost looks like the life was drained from him..

I watch Brenner go over to Simon.

He nods and leaves the room but not before giving me a quick grin on his way out.

What a creep..

I watch Brenner whisper something to Peter and then leave the room.

Peter looks at me.

I tilt my head towards the hall.

He nods.

I grab my skateboard and head out the door.

Peter's already walking so I roll my board down on the floor and hop on following closely beside him.

"You ok?"

Peter: "Yeah, just tired"

I look down, focusing my attention on my feet so I don't fall off.

Peter: " What about you? You seem a little freaked out, did something happen?"

I pause, thinking about the question.
Yeah- that whole man freaked me out..

"Who's Simon? Is he like a new worker or something?" I finally ask.

Peter: " Simon? No he works in the security room. He's the one that watches all the cameras. His attention span is incredible. He's able to watch over hundreds of screens at a time and observe many different things at once".

I stop.

Peter looks back at me.

I look up at Peter with a worried expression.

Peter: " Y/n, what is it?" He whispers.

"Peter, he knows about us.."

Peter: " what do you mean?"

"He knew my name... He knew things about us that we thought nobody else could see".

Peters Expression changes, it grows dark.