Don't you dare

After a while, I get sick of the chip board because every piece always falls in the spot I predicted, there is no surprise, no new found knowledge. Every outcome is exactly how I calculated. I sigh out of boredom. I can still feel the other's eyes staring holes in the back of my head. I find it amusing how pissed off they are as if they didn't have it coming. My thoughts wander back to Peter. He said he'd be in here with me, a part of me was hoping he would after whatever Brenner wanted him for but I somehow knew he wasn't. A gross feeling in the bottom of my chest starts to form as my anxiety levels rise thinking about what kind of pain he must be getting through. I look around the room, guards will surely take me to the nurses office if I tell them I feel sick. Maybe then I can sneak off and find whatever room Peter is in.

I make my way over to the closest guard and tell him I don't feel good and that I think I'm going to throw up. He gives me a concerned and questionable look. He then nods his head and tells me to follow him. I wheel my way out of the room staying a couple feet behind the guard.

I keep my ears on high alert, listening for  any screams or yells.

(Time skip)

After a while of walking. I feel a sort of sense of relief, maybe I was just overthinking, maybe he's fine, maybe he just had other tasks to attend to. My thoughts are interrupted by screaming coming from the opposite direction. It has to be him. I sigh with both sadness and fear for what could be happening to him.

I look at the guard and slow down so the sound of my wheelchair is barely noticeable. He turns around just as I expected him to, he tells me to hurry up.

"Sorry I'm still weak from this morning don't worry I'll catch up" I say looking down pretending to look exhausted.

He just turns and keeps walking. He surely doesn't expect me do anything if he thinks I'm that weak. I know for sure I can walk on my own now, it's going to hurt like hell to get up for the first time but I'll manage. After the guard has done his occasional check on me to make sure I'm still behind him I put my plan into action. As fast and as quietly as I can I stand up. Pain shoots through me as I almost let out a yelp. It took everything in me to keep myself from making a sound, then I take the wheelchair and push it lightly to make it sound like I'm still following him. Once I do I begin to leap down the hall. As I was following the guard I took into account which floor tiles made noise and which didn't. I feel like a child playing hop-scotch as I leap from one tile to the next. The pain in my legs as I land almost makes me collapse with each jump. Once I'm out of hearing rang from the guard I begin to dart down the hall. The sound of screaming gets louder and louder until I reach a room with all kinds of loud noises. I pear In the small window of the door and there Peter is with Dr. Brenner and two other guards. They're shocking him with a long stick. It appears to be a high voltage taser. His screams remind me of the ones I let out just this morning. He's In pain, and it's all because he helped me. I put my hands over my mouth as tears run down my face. Hearing his screams and whimpers breaks me. I slowly slide down the door. I wonder if this is what he felt watching me. I don't want to listen anymore but I don't want to leave him either. He stayed in that room keeping me company. It must have been hard to watch me suffer, I know that now. I hear the taser stop and footsteps walking closer to the door. I quickly crawl around the corner. I put my hand over my mouth to keep my breathing at a steady pace. I slowly peak around the corner and see two guards dragging Peter out of the room. Another tear falls from my face as I watch his unconscious body being dragged away. Suddenly Dr. Brenner walks out, I wip my head back around. I can tell he's looking in this direction. Then I hear his footsteps walk further down the hall. I remove my hand from my mouth as I let out a sharp breath. Suddenly the alarm goes off again. The guard must have finally noticed I was gone, luckily the rainbow room isn't far from here so I dart down the hall.

(Time skip)

As I approach the rainbow room. I notice Dr. Brenner is already inside. Shit what do I do. I notice a storage room nearby and quickly slip inside.  I turn the lights on and there's a bunch of hospital equipment. I see an extra wheelchair and pull it out. I hop in it, close the door and wheel my way over to the rainbow room.

Brenner: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST HER!?"

Guard: "I DON'T KNOW SIR, SHE WAS THERE AND THEN SHE WASN'T.

I slowly wheel my way back into the room. Brenner and the guard turn as soon as they hear the door open, both look at me.

Brenner: " 017 WHERE WERE YOU?"

"I'm sorry Papa, I fell behind the guard, I thought I could keep up and must have taken a wrong turn."

He looks down at me with what looks like relief. He must have bought it. He turns to the guard.

Brenner: "NEXT TIME KEEP CLOSE EYES ON HER".

I sort of feel bad for the guard, he was only doing what he was told. I know he might also get shocked later but I don't feel as bad as I do about Peter. I can't get the sound of his screams out of my head. They keep repeating over and over again like a record player.

Brenner looks down at my and sees me on the verge of tears.

Brenner: "tell me what happened 017".

I look up at him wondering what he meant. The salty taste of a tear coats my taste buds. I didn't even realize I was still crying. I panick as I think of an excuse. Then I remember the group of children earlier. I wasn't playing on getting them in more trouble then they probably already are but this is the only thing I could think of in that moment that sounded remotely convincing.

"It's just, there's something I didn't tell u earlier because I didn't want to be picked on again".

Brenner crouches down to my hight and puts a firm hand on my shoulder

Brenner: "tell me exactly what happened 017"

I peak at the group of kids that are still standing in the corner. They give me a death stare that says

Don't you dare.