13) Are you ready?

The three walked down the pink trail. Flames fell from the sky in the distance, but they were in the clear now.

There was a city in the distance that they were walking too, about a mile or so away.

"You know, I don't think I've ever walked this much in my life."

"That's a pretty good life." Sylvie replied to Loki.

"Well, you're lucky you missed it."

"Just start taking some daily jogs and you'll be fine." Wanda smiled.

"Here's an idea. What if you enchanted me and you could walk for both of us?" Loki suggested. "I take a nap in my subconscious, and you could just wake me when we arrive. Yeah?"

"That's not how enchantment works." Sylvie replied with a small smile.

"All right, how does it work?"

"Doesn't matter."

Sylvie glanced to Wanda and Wanda gave a smile.

"You know, I feel like I've told you so much about me. And I really don't know the first thing about you."

"Thanks for the tactical advantage."

"Ah so you want to use the tactical advantage to kill me when the TVA shows up?"

"Worried, are you?"

"I just need to know if I can trust you."

"Wanda does. Isn't that enough?" Sylvie asked.

Loki looked at Wanda, then back at Sylvie.

"Maybe, but I'd still like to know something."

Sylvie rolled her eyes.

"Okay, fine. You want to know how enchantment works. I have to make physical contact and then grab hold of their mind." Sylvie explained, making it sound simple.

"How?"

"It depends on the mind. Most are easy and I can overtake then instantly. Other's, the stronger ones, it gets tricky. I'm in control, but they're there, too. In order to preserve the connection, I have to create a fantasy from their memories. Then with the incredibly strong ones, which are very uncommon, I put them in a prison like section of their mind if it's truly needed to take them over."

Wanda glanced at her as she spoke the ending.

"Unless I'm feeling nice." Sylvie said, making eye contact with Wanda for a moment before both turned back straight.

"And you call me a magician." Loki scoffed.

"That young soldier from the TVA, C-20? Her mind was messed up. Everything clouded. I had to pull a memory from hundreds of years prior, before she even fought for them." Sylvie said.

"What?" Loki stopped walking. "What'd you just say?"

"Before she joined the TVA?" Wanda added.

"Yeah. She was just a regular person on Earth." Sylvie said.

"A regular person?" Loki repeated.

"Loved margaritas." Sylvie shrugged.

Loki and Wanda looked at each other as they came to the same realization.

"We were told that everyone who works for the TVA was created by the Time Keepers." Loki said.

"That's ridiculous. They're all variants, just like us." Sylvie said.

"They don't know that." Wanda continued Loki's talk.

"All ticketed passengers..." A voice from the city called.