28) Bad Sleeps

Wanda crept through the hallways she was in. She wore only socks, her shoes were in the room that Strange had offered her.

She wore a long red shirt and black leggings, the clothes she missed rather than a TVA assigned outfit or her fancy magical Scarlet Witch suit.

She turned the corner that she approached and gave an internal sigh.

"Where is it?" She mumbled to herself.

She didn't have any light on her, only the moonlight streaming through the broken windows. She didn't want to risk being caught and be thought of doing something bad.

Her ginger hair was pulled into a braid that rested on her shoulder. She'd finally gotten a shower, and surprisingly no one seemed to give her any mind. If anything, they were intentionally avoiding her.

She couldn't really blame them though, after what she saw happened, she would probably avoid herself too. She hated to think that she'd tried to kill a child. Why didn't she just adopt the girl?

She heard soft footsteps walking towards her and she slowed down, moving over to the wall that was covered in shadows so that whoever was walking would pass by and not see her.

The person stepped past and through where moonlight showed. It was Steven.

Wanda tried to breathe as silently as she could, but the man stopped and turned towards her, looking straight at her.

Oops.

"Wanda?" He asked.

"Steven, I promise I wasn't doing anything. I was just looking for the kitchen." She said quickly, stepping out of her terrible hiding spot.

"Wanda, shush, it's me." He said.

"What?"

Steven had green magic pass over him and he formed into a more familiar face, that of Loki's.

Wanda gave a sigh of relief, glad she wasn't in trouble.

"I was looking for the kitchen as well, figured they wouldn't like to see the God of Mischief roaming around." Loki said.

Wanda nodded, walking over to him.

He had also changed out of the TVA outfit, but he wasn't wearing a nighttime outfit. He was wearing a Midguardian themed outfit though. A simple green t-shirt that looked like it was a size small on him, and gray sweatpants. He definitely found that on the internet, no way this was an accident.

"Are you gonna stop staring so we can find food?" Loki asked.

"What-?"

Wanda's face went red as she realized she'd basically been staring at Loki's body as she was trying to note what he was wearing.

"Yeah. Yeah let's go." She nodded.

Thankfully her face was at least a bit hidden by the shadows of the night.

The two walked down the hall, trying to be as silent as they could. It took a good ten minutes, but they finally found what at least resembled a kitchen. It had two sinks, a fridge-freezer, and a cabinet. No stove, microwave, or even a toaster.

Granted, sorcerers lived here so they probably didn't need those things.

Wanda went over to the cabinet and squinted her eyes, trying to see what was inside. It was incredibly dark though and the moonlight didn't show anything.

She shut the cabinet door and looked around for a light switch.

Loki found it first and he turned it on without warning.