31) Four of Them

Wanda moved her hands down, staring at the wall where the TVA portal came from. She gave a heavy breath before turning around and seeing Strange and Loki both looking in more pain than she was.

She hurried over to Loki and helped her up, gulping a bit when she saw the large crack in the wall that Loki had made.

"You okay?" Wanda asked.

"Other than my back and the dress, yeah, never been better." Loki replied, brushing off her outfit.

She also shook her arm and a wash of green magic went over it, drying her from the slobber that Toad put on her.

Wanda walked over to Strange and helped him up as well. The desk hadn't broken from Strange's impact thankfully, but the chair that Strange fell onto after toppling over the desk did.

"And are you okay?" Wanda asked.

"It's not the worst experience I've had, it just caught me off guard." He muttered.

"So I guess that little tangent is over, back to the party?" Loki asked.

"Yeah, I need to make sure America is alright." Strange said, hurrying towards the exit.

Wanda walked back over to Loki and brushed a hand through Loki's hair, fixing a few loose strands. Loki did the same to Wanda, adjusting her curls.

Wanda smiled a bit, then gestured towards the door.

"Yeah, let's go." Loki nodded, and so the two walked out as well, back to the party.

Strange had found America, who had found the cheese balls once again. No one seemed to be hurt and the ball was still going so thankfully Wanda, Loki, and Strange were the only ones affected by the mutant.

The four grouped up and spoke quietly since Pepper had started her speech on the stage.

"We need to get out of here. If this Conqueror guy is after us then we're a danger to whoever is here. Let's go back to the sanctum, talk to Wong about this and figure stuff out." Strange explained.

"I agree. Time travel isn't going to work here now that we know what's going on. If he has Sylvie at the TVA or in some sort of prison she can't leave then going back in time won't do much." Wanda agreed.

"Plus my dress is ripped and I'm still salty about that but it's not appropriate to keep staying here with a ruined outfit." Loki continued.

"Then let's go back, we can do research on whoever that guy was." America added.

"Alright, works for me." Strange nodded.

Then they left.

----------

——————————

----------

The group, Wong joining in, now stood in the library of the Sanctum that once held the time stone. It had books that could hopefully tell them who this Kang figure was.

"So I tell you to keep an eye on these two and now we have another man who's a mutant to keep an eye on?" Wong asked, glaring at Strange.

"That's not our fault." Strange stated.

"That you know of!" Wong accused.

Strange glanced to Wanda and Loki, who were both standing together, flipping through different books.

They'd all changed out of their outfits and into more casual stuff, except for America who didn't have the clothes shifting abilities.

Loki was still in her female form, their clothes didn't change that.