25) Always

Sylvie entered the elevator, hesitant. Her sword was up, not moving it's point away from "He Who Remains". She was going to kill him. She hated this happy attitude he had. He shouldn't be happy after ruining so many people's lives, especially hers.

"Not what you were expecting hmm?"

The man bit into his apple again.

"You're just a man." Sylvie said.

"Yup. Flesh and Blood. Don't tell me I'm a disappointment."

"No. Just easier to kill."

Sylvie slashed her sword at the man and he disappeared. Sylvie was stunned for a moment, then she turned around and saw him sitting in the back of the elevator calmly, still eating his apple.

He started chuckling and Sylvie let out a grunt as she swung her sword down at the seat.

He only disappeared again, reappearing on the other side of the cart.

Sylvie swung her sword and he disappeared, this time not reappearing.

God she hated magicians.

The elevator beeped and she looked up, seeing a green light on the top which she assumed meant she'd reached the correct floor or something.

The door slid open and the man stood there with an amused grin and his apple in hand.

Sylvie gave a glare to him.

"Come on in."

He walked towards his desk in the back of the room and Sylvie slowly stalked in.

Bookshelves lined each side of the room and there was a large window on the back room, showing a long, white, magical looking strand of something. Sylvie's first thought was that it was the timeline, since it reminded her of how the televisions at the TVA had white lines on their screens and it became red whenever a branch was approaching.

Sylvie held her sword firmly, watching as He Who Remains poured what appeared to be coffee, maybe tea, into a glass for himself.

"One.."

Sylvie noticed a fireplace in the middle of the left bookshelf, which had a steady fire in it.

"Two.."

He Who Remains mumbled to himself before he stood up straight and looked at Sylvie.

"Please, take a seat."

He set the pouring pot on the desk and walked around, sitting in what seemed to be a much more comfortable chair than the one he provided for Sylvie.

There were three chairs on the side of the desk and once again, Sylvie was reminded of Wanda and Loki.

She pictured them with her, encouraging her and giving equally threatening looks to this man.

Sylvie remained standing, holding her sword at the point to him, not lowering it after the few stunts he pulled in the elevator.

He set down a glass of coffee on the desk.

"For you, Loki." He offered.

Sylvie gritted her teeth, but decided not to correct him cause he would probably say some shit like 'oH wELl I aCtUaLlY dEcIdE'.

"And some sugar of course." He added.

Sylvie slowly moved, her sword still up.

He Who Remains looked up from the glass he began pouring for himself, and chuckled.

She sat down in the middle chair, her sword slowly lowering until it was just above her lap, ready to strike him once more if need be.

----------