23) Alioth

The storm had worsened.

It was like Alioth knew Sylvie was coming.

The group had left the small building. Sylvie stood center, Loki and Wanda to her left, Kid and Old Loki to her right. Kip, Croki, and Mobius behind the crew.

The purple storm cloud was in front of them, lightning flashing, dark clouds covering the sky.

"Okay, so what's the next move?" Mobius asked.

"The TVA needs to be brought down. We don't know who created it or where they are, but that thing out there does." Sylvie stated.

She pointed at the cloud to emphasize her point.

"When it hit me earlier, I linked to it. It was brief, but I caught a glimpse of something. And I think if I can get close enough to it, I can enchant it, and it's going to take me to whoever is behind all of this."

She pulled out a Tempad from her jacket and held it out to Loki.

"I want to help. I'm not staying. This if your fight and I recognize that, but I'm not leaving until I know that you defeat Alioth."

Sylvie took a breath, then nodded.

"I will as well. I've gone to far with the two of you to leave you here." Wanda added.

"Guess I will too, I'm not gonna be the only one leaving." Mobius added. "But, when we get back, I'll give your regards to Renslayer."

"Oh please do." Sylvie scoffed, rolling her eyes. "We need to get a pruned branch to appear, then we go and attack."

"You boys want a ticket out of here? I'll show you around the TVA." Mobius offered to the other variants.

"What? No. We're staying here." Kid Loki declared.

"This is our home." Old Loki agreed.

Croki growled and Kip mewed.

"Besides, we have a new addition to our group to replace an old piece of junk." Old Loki said, scoffing at the thought of unfamiliar Loki.

Wanda glanced at the kitten, then nodded, figuring they'd be safer with these Loki variants than back to the TVA. Besides, if she ever wanted to visit, all she needed was a prune stick and a Tempad.

"Are you sure? What about Alioth?" Loki asked.

"We've survived this long. We know what we're doing." Old Loki stated.

"Loki, you're going to need this on your journey." Kid Loki said, approaching the older version of himself.

He summoned a golden dagger and Loki glanced at it, hesitating.

"Go on." Kid Loki urged.

Loki took it, admiring it for a moment before summoning a dagger sheath that strapped to his back. He put the dagger in it's sheath.

"Good luck." Old Loki said to the four.

Then he turned and looked directly at Sylvie.

"I hope you find what you're looking for."

Sylvie gave a soft smile, then nodded.

The four, Old Loki, Kid Loki, Croki, and Kip began away. Wanda was a bit sad to see Kip go, but she had a sense that it was for the best.

Mobius looked at the three variants.

"You guys have the cool powers, I'll sit back while you take down the angry cloud." He said with a nod.

Loki handed him the Tempad.

"Just don't let this break." He said.

Mobius nodded, sticking the device in his pocket.