Prologue: The Karma we avoid.

Have you ever wondered, why do people avoid a black cat on the street?

It was such a myth that if you ever cross paths with one, say your prayers.

The fear of people was immeasurable.

One would run to the nearest church and get themselves a blessing of protection.

The demon is not merciful to forgive such one who has committed something horrible.

The Demon Lord will be there to visit and will be here to give karma to those who cross paths with the fearsome immortal that roams all over the world seeking its purpose.

Everyone in this world knows of the story of the black cat, a demon that exists to serve for itself.

"A lonesome being cursed for eternity to be alone." an old man huddles his grandchild to sit on his lap to tell a story. He smiles widely at his little one who pouts.

The child curiously beamed at his grandfather to tell the story quickly.

She was very fond of cats.

So why was it that the black cat was feared?

"A cat- why is a black cat so scary grandpa?" the little girl asks, looking over the storybook her grandfather was holding.

"It's a myth that if you come across one of them, you'll meet your death sooner or later or something bad will happen to you, Azzie." the old man flips a page showing a black cat hissing and clearly grinning in the picture book.

What a horrible depiction of them! Cats are sweet little beings! Is what the little girl thought as she crossed her arms not agreeing with what her grandfather has accused of the creature.

"Isn't that kind of mean?! Grandpa I think black cats are cute. That book is rude, you should burn it." she points at the picture book with the mean looking drawing of the cat.

Goodness gracious, it's certainly not only rude but that book is really racist too.

If anyone gets offended that it was just a joke, goodness me the people that keep on reading this can scroll down as your narrator tells you the story.

The old man laughed and placed his hands on his head. What a carefree little granddaughter he has, how he wishes she would never grow up but something she'll be old enough to move to another place on her own.

Somewhere... safer.

"Grandpa grandpa, why is the black cat lonely? Doesn't she also have other cats to be friends with?" she curiously asks pulling her grandfather's shirt for his attention.

The old man peers at the book, it was the children's version of the myth. A black cat acting mean and lonely to where she tried living a normal life but in the end everyone around her moved on and left her all alone.

It was a sad ending but it was rated for children to read. He didn't have the heart to tell the truth to her innocent granddaughter so he lied.

"Grandpa doesn't know either but maybe the lord of the cat demons can make some new friends in the future," he replied to the yawning child that rubs her eyes feeling so sleepy.