Chapter 9: Damn demon cat!

After the ice cream and the convenience store trip. The witch decided to even escort her new bff to their home but the demon lord's bride isn't too keen on having other people know where she lived.

"I think... you should go Ms. Lockheart-"

"Come on! Call me Lucinda!" The pink haired girl nudges the light brown curly haired figure who bites her lips feeling the foreign name leaving her lips.

"Right... Lucinda. We're close to my home so you don't need to... you know... I can take it from here." (Isabella) holds onto her little sister's hands a bit tighter before smiling politely. "I promise to pay you back as soon as I can."

Lucinda looks down at the short petite girl and snorts out a little laugh. "Alright~ just like take your time and all that. See you at school?" The witch felt like someone was watching their every move so she decided to be off early.

Clearly... they seem to be targeting the demon lord's bride.

A bunch of innocent humans would suffer much more if they met the demon so she decided to give her a little favor to come back from when she needs to.

However, Isabella didn't notice a single thing and just wanted to get her sister back home to cook some ramen dinner with her again. "Mm. See you at school. Emily you can wave bye if you want."

"Bye bye! Isa's friend! I'll eat more cotton candy to change my hair color the next time you see me!" (Emily) shouts out proudly earning a confused look from her older sister and a little glare at the pink haired witch who was laughing nervously.

The truth is- she just dyed her hair pink but a witch has always known to have some harmless pranks now and then.

"Y-Yeah! But ask your sister if it's okay alright? Too much sugar will mess up your stomach." (Lucinda) waves off to the other direction while making sure to glance back sometimes to see the two figures safely going up to their apartment.

"Whew..." she mutters out in relief knowing that both of them are alright. If the demon lord knew that they got hurt under her watch, she doesn't think she'll be alive the next time she visits her...

"Mm~ now that's over..." (Lucinda) hums happily, taking a small pack of bubblegum out of her skirt pocket before plopping it into her mouth. The sweet flavor of gum left a good mood as she turned to leave the gates of the building.

"The friend is moving. The target is inside the apartment. We'll have her and the little sister paying their debts soon." The other humans wore the same suits at the loan sharks expected for the pink haired teen to just go away as expected.

They took some binoculars out of their suit and looked up to peak at the curtains to which Isabella quickly closed it for safety.

"They closed the curtains but we'll be good to move in-" (Loan shark)