Chapter 1: The Bride of the Demon Lord.

How many years has it been since she watched that man take her beloved Cordelia away? How many times she cursed and swore the same horrible luck would run on to generations to come in his family.

Perhaps it's been hundreds of years. The new generation of his descendants might have been innocent to the sins he committed... so she lessened the punishment and now they're only a little bankrupt.

The demon lord was stuck to her current form, a human with an ear and tail for a cat. It was utterly inconvenient to sleep for the past years but she's grown accustomed to it. The almighty deity might have given her the curse of immortality to pay for what she's done but to her, it was all worth it.

Cling... cling...

The bell she used to ring in order to summon her services was now turned into a ball she can place at the middle of her cursed collar. It ringed as she stretched her body like a cat.

"Mnn... I don't like Mondays." (Azel), the former slave that served a aristocratic family back in England was now living in a provincial state where she could be alone. A small cottage house full of vintage trinkets to which was obviously collected and put to care with how they were neatly cleaned and with no speck of dust in sight.

It was cramped but just the way she liked it... it felt like home.

Her favorite thing she owned... was a portrait of her master, Lady Cordelia.

After she died she feared that she would forget what her first love would look like after hundreds of years, so she commissioned a portrait with the last of her salary before being turned into a demon. By that time, she was not acquainted with her form and was not able to hide her ears and tail so she ordered it through letter and left the money in his doorsteps.

Of course she left a reference for the artist to study and now she was given one of the wonderful pieces of art no one could ever take away from her. Not again.

"Good morning, milady. I hope you're having a wonderful morning." she smiles fondly at her master reaching out to the frame before dusting the portrait making sure it was clean as a whistle.

After cleaning she just liked to sleep and do nothing on most days... like what a cat would do. She has heard that some humans are envious of cats, how they wish they could be them so they could do nothing but sleep, eat and judge people when they walk in front of their view.

"Hmm." (Azel) yawns tiringly, taking a piece of yesterday's bread while she opens her window to let the air in.

Whoosh!

A flying broom immediately whizzed just by her stopping right at the moment, a girl with bright pink hair giggles at the sight of her neighbor who groans at the sight of the witch so she closes the window once more.

Bang!

She bursts open the window once more and enters pointing at the tired demon lord who just wants her peace. "Hey there little cat~ so are you going to reconsider my offer on being my familiar?" she parks her broom outside the window and enters the demon lord's domain.