1

quinn loved spending time with his brothers when he was home from college, but he loved it even more when he got to spend it with sadie.

"do you want to go out somewhere? maybe get food?" he asked.

"don't you want to spend the day with your brothers?" sadie questioned.

"i have the rest of my life to spend the days with my brothers." quinn responded. sadie smiled and nodded her head.

he helped sadie up from her chair and led her to the car that was shared between the hughes boys. the ones that could drive anyway.

"should i tell jack-"

"i'll text him." quinn quickly cut her off. sadie nodded her head and got into the passenger side of the car.

quinn sent a quick text to jack and pulled out of the garage. the drive was nice and peaceful. neither one talked but the presence of each other was just fine.

they arrived at an old diner that was sadie's favorite. she looked over at quinn and smiled. his cheeks heated up and turned pink.

"why this place?" she asked, getting out of the car.

"well it's your favorite. obviously." quinn told her. he held the door open for her and let her in first.

"table for two." sadie told the hostess. she grabbed two menus and motioned for the two to follow her.

quinn sat down across from sadie and scanned the menu.

"i didn't bring my money." sadie told quinn.

"all good. it's on me today." he told her. quinn noticed sadie smile slightly and he smiled too.

the two ordered their foods and their drinks and talked while they waited.

"so, how's school going?" quinn asked.

"eh. my grades are fine, all a's, except for algebra which i have a c in. i hate math." sadie groaned.

"anyways, how's school for you? with hockey going on and all." sadie asked.

"good. im good at keeping my school work in line." quinn said.

jack
tell sade you like her. now.

quinn looked back up from his phone and looked at sadie who was swirling the ice in her drink with her straw.

quinn
now? why now?

jack
because youre both in love with each other. say it.

he turned his phone off and put his attention back on sadie.

"why are you looking at me like that?" she asked. quinn turned red and chuckled.

"cause you're pretty. that's why." quinn told her. he noticed sadie turn red and look out the window.

"im not lying sade, you really are pretty." quinn assured. sadie blushed and took a sip of her drink.

"i-i have to tell you something." quinn stuttered.

"me too." sadie said.

"you can go-" they both said at the same time.

"on three, we both say it at the same time." quinn told her. he counted down with his finers.

"i like you."

"im moving."

"what?" sadie questioned. "you like me?"

"you're moving?" quinn asked, totally in disbelief.

"i asked the question first. you like me?" sadie asked again.

"yeah. since we were little kids sade. i've always liked you, always have and always will. now, you're moving?" quinn told her.

"yeah, at the end of the school year. to vancouver. my dad got a job there so we have to go with him." sadie explained.

quinn was disappointed. he never had a girlfriend, knowing that sadie was the one for him.

"i like you too, quinn. in a more-then-a-friend way, but long distance never works out. i don't want to keep you waiting and i most definitely don't want to keep my hopes up of us ever dating. we probably won't see each other again. not until a long time." sadie explained.

the waitress placed their food down in front of them and they thanked her. no one spoke now, and the silence was awkward.