13

"you're going on another date tonight?" kaili asked sadie.

"yes." sadie answered.

"didn't you just go out like, last night?" emmy questioned.

"yes." sadie replied.

"don't you think it's weird that he's taking you out again?" kaili asked.

"no. we're really good friends so it's not weird." sadie reasoned. she turned around to face her friends who were sitting on her bed.

"how do i look?" sadie asked. she was wearing a short, red sparkly, cocktail dress. one quinn had said he liked.

"hot." emmy smiled.

"if he doesn't fuck you by the end of the night, i will." kaili told her.

"that will not be happening." sadie rolled her eyes. she put on her necklace, the one quinn gotten her, and reached for her clutch.

the doorbell rang and the three girls looked up at each other.

"he's here." emmy said.

"good luck tonight. if anything goes wrong, you call us. tell us all about it tomorrow." kaili told her.

"have fun!" emmy yelled as sadie left the room.

she opened the front door and smiled at quinn who was on the other side.

"uh, ready to go?" quinn asked, clearly nervous.

"yeah." sadie said. she left the house with quinn, wondering where they were going.

"can i ask where we're going?" sadie looked over at quinn who was mainly focused on the road.

"we're going to the lookout." quinn said.

"how'd you get reservations for the lookout?" sadie asked. "it takes months just to get a reservation."

"i have my ways." quinn smiled. he parked the car in the parking lot and opened the car door for sadie.

"thank you." she took quinn's hand and the two walked inside the restaurant. the elevator ride up to the top was quick and in just five minutes, they were sitting at their table.

"the view is amazing. i love the lights." sadie admired the view.

the waiter came over and the two ordered their food. as sadie admired the lights from the table, quinn watched her.

his heart started to race and he became nervous. it was now or never.

"sadie?" quinn asked. she looked over at quinn, her smile dropping when she saw his look.

"what happened?" sadie asked, confusing herself.

"nothing, nothing happened. i just uh.."

"quinn, you're making me nervous." sadie told him.

"sorry i uh, god im so bad at this." he mumbled.

"are you okay?" sadie questioned.

"yeah, i-god, why can't i just say it?" quinn asked himself.

"im not going to say all this random crap, i'm just going to say it. will you be my girlfriend?" he asked quickly.

sadie widen her eyes slightly and opened her mouth to talk, getting stopped by the waiter. he placed the food down in front of them and quinn thanked him.

"will you?" quinn asked, looking at sadie.

"quinn, i don't know what to say. i, i don't." sadie composed herself and sighed.

"yes, i'll be your girlfriend." sadie said calmly, a smile on her face.

quinn smiled, his eyes nearly closing from how big he was smiling.

"you know, jack wanted me to ask you to be my girlfriend before you left michigan." quinn admitted.

"you should've listened to him." sadie chuckled.

"what?" quinn asked.

"i mean, you should've asked me before i left. i could've bragged to my friends that i was dating an amazing professional hockey guy." sadie chuckled.

"oh, you think your funny." quinn nodded his head, smiling with sadie.

"yeah, i think im very funny." sadie agreed. she took a bite of her food and looked out the window again.

"wait till emmy and kaili find out about this. they will freak." sadie chuckled. quinn looked at her confused, wanting to know who they were.

"they're my friends from school." sadie explained.

"the ones you brought to the game last night?" quinn asked. sadie nodded her head and looked at the other people in the restaurant. she noticed two girls who were dressed up and clearly trying to disguise themselves.

"those bitches are here." sadie whispered to herself, glaring at kaili and emmy. they were snickering and making kissing faces.

"who?" quinn asked, looking at the table.

"emmy and kaili." sadie told him.

"want to give them something to giggle about?" quinn asked. sadie smiled and nodded her head.

quinn motioned to the waiter for the check, paying the bill and leaving a tip.

he grabbed sadie's hand and helped her out of the chair, kissing her cheek.

"let's go." he whispered into sadie's ear.

the two held hands as they left the restaurant, making sure to pass by kaili and emmy.

"they will be texting me about this tomorrow." sadie said.