5

sadie walked home by herself, knowing jack wouldn't want to talk to her. she went up to her bedroom and laid down in her bed, staring up at the ceiling.

she debated on how she would talk to jack, ultimately just giving up and going over to the hughes house to talk.

sadie knocked on the door and patiently waited for someone to answer.

"go away sade." jack said from the other side of the door.

"please jack. i want to explain." sadie pleaded. jack opened the door and looked at sadie. neither one talked until jack motioned for her to come in.

the two went up to jack's bedroom and sadie sat on his bed.

"the only reason i told quinn first was because he had just admitted that he liked me. i didn't mean to tell him first, i wanted to tell you, but when quinn said he liked me i..i had to tell him that it wouldn't happen." sadie said.

"im sorry.." she whispered, tearing up. jack frowned and side-hugged sadie.

"no, sade, im sorry. i shouldn't have freaked out on you at lunch." jack apologized.

"did you..did you mean what you said about quinn and i? about not wanting us to spend time together?" sadie asked.

"no, god no. i didn't mean any of it. i just, i don't know, said it out of anger. i was really upset." jack said.

"we good?" sadie asked.

"we good." jack smiled. he wiped the tears from sadie's cheeks and the two smiled.

"im sorry, really sorry about not telling you that i'm moving." sadie apologized.

"you said you're moving at the end of the school year?" jack asked. sadie nodded her head and looked down at her lap.

"well, just like with quinn, let's spend every single day together." jack said. sadie smiled sadly and nodded her head.

"i don't want to leave." sadie admitted.

"i don't want you to leave either." jack agreed. the two stayed like that in a side-hug position for a few minutes till jack pulled away.

"i have a game i have to get ready for." jack said. sadie nodded her head and stayed on the bed.

"you coming?" jack asked, going through his closet to find his jersey.

"to the game?" sadie questioned.

"no to the moon. what do you think?" jack asked sarcastically.

"i was gonna go, but now im not with that attitude you're having." sadie said. jack frowned and looked back at sadie.

"please?" he asked with puppy dog eyes.

"ugh, fine. i should go get ready if we have to leave soon then." sadie got up from the bed and went over to her house to get ready.

jack had given her one of his old jerseys from his old team team to wear tonight. it wasn't the right team, but sadie was still supporting him so that's all that matters.

sadie went back over to the hughes house and sat in the kitchen with ellen while they waited for jack and luke.

"so, any news you'd like to share?" ellen asked. sadie turned red and blinked a few times before answering.

"you heard didn't you?" sadie questioned. ellen nodded her head and sadie looked down.

"i don't want to move."

"i know, but that's part of life. you'll still be family, and you'll still talk to the boys just as much as you do now. nothing is going to change in terms of your friendship. plus, we'll still invite you in our vacations." ellen said, making sadie smile.

"you're like me second family. i love you so much." sadie told her.

"we better be like your second family, or all those times i've made you food are for nothing." ellen laughed. sadie loved how funny ellen could be. it was always something that sadie could rely on when she was upset, and she was going to miss it.

"im all ready." jack said, carrying down his hockey bag.

"all right, let's get going." ellen replied, grabbing her car keys and phone.

sadie got into the back seat of ellen's car, next to luke and jack in the front, and the four were off to jack's game.

when they arrived, jack ran into the arena and left the three by themselves.

"so," luke started, "how much will you miss me when you leave?"

"a whole lot. your like my little brother." sadie chuckled. "i have three and a half months left with you and im going to spend every day with you and jack and quinn."

"right, quinn." luke smirked.

"shut up." sadie playfully punched luke's shoulder and smiled.

"have you kissed yet?" luke asked.

"we're not even dating, just, hanging out." sadie told him.

"hanging out? what do you do when your hanging out?" luke questioned. sadie knew where he was going and she shook her head.

"we just watch movies and talk. sometimes we go out for food. little things, luke." sadie answered.

"when will you two get married?" luke asked.

"you're just going to keep asking questions?" sadie asked.

"yep." luke nodded his head. the two sat down on the bleachers next to ellen and waited for the game to start.

"miss anything?" a familiar voice asked. sadie looked over at her side and smiled when she saw quinn there.

"what're you doing here?" sadie asked, giving quinn a hug. he sat down next to her and looked at the ice.

"watching my brother play. the arena isn't far from campus." quinn answered. sadie smiled and leaned her head on quinn's shoulder.

luke raised an eyebrow and smirked at sadie. she rolled her eyes at him and pulled her head off quinn's shoulder.