6

*3 months later*

"i don't want you to leave." jack frowned. the two were walking to school, their last day.

"i don't want to leave either, but i promise to text you every day and call you." sadie assured.

the school day went by incredibly fast, and soon it was three o'clock. jack and sadie walked the normal five-minute-walk home.

"will you spend the night?" jack asked.

"jack..i still have to finish packing. i have a lot of stuff to still go through." sadie said.

"please. quinn, luke, and i can help you finish packing, but i just want to spend one last night with you." jack pleaded. sadie looked up at jack and saw that he was on the verge of crying.

"yeah, i'll spend one last night with you." sadie smiled sadly.

when they got to sadie's house, they immediately started packing her clothes. sadie conned luke into helping so he came over too.

quinn was a different story. each one of them texted him, twice, but he didn't respond to anyone. it hurt sadie's feelings knowing that he was back home from college and not doing anything besides training for hockey.

"okay, i just have to pack the things in my vanity and then we're done." sadie said. "plus my shoes."

she handed a box to jack and luke for her shoes and she went over to her vanity and started packing her things into it.

"quinn texted me. he said sorry for not coming over to help but when we're done, he wants all of us to go over my house for something." luke said. jack raised an eyebrow and sadie nodded her head.

"this is the last time i'll be in this bedroom." jack said.

"same." luke replied.

"let's go. i don't want to cry just yet." sadie grabbed her phone and left her bedroom. jack and luke followed behind her and she walked into the hughes house.

"i'll be right up. im gonna grab some water." sadie said. she walked into the kitchen, expecting to just get water, but quinn was frantically running around, trying to fix something in a basket.

"what're you doing?" sadie asked.

"you're here. early. i uh.." quinn stuttered.

"what's this?" sadie asked, looking at the basket.

"a gift. for you." quinn said, turning red.

"why?"

"because you're leaving. i wanted to get you something before your left." quinn admitted.

"can i look?" she asked. quinn nodded his head and watched as she looked through.

inside the basket, there were her favorite snacks and candy, her favorite drink, a bunch of pictures of her and the hughes boys, and two wrapped boxes.

"don't open the boxes until you get to vancouver, please." quinn told her. she teared up and hugged quinn, breaking her promise of not crying.

"thank you, quinn." sadie said.

"jack, luke, and i we're gonna go upstairs and do something. you can join us if you want." sadie offered, grabbing a water bottle and her basket.

"yeah, i'll be up in a minute." quinn said. sadie nodded her head and left quinn in the kitchen.

"what's that?" luke asked sadie as she came into the family room on the second floor.

"a gift, from quinn." sadie answered. jack and luke looked at each other and both smiled.

"stop." sadie scoffed.

"anyways," luke said, "we're gonna play, what is it called?"

"mall...madness?" jack questioned, looking at the board game on the floor.

"my favorite!" sadie exclaimed, sitting down on the floor.

"did you steal this from my room?" sadie asked, lifting the top of the box.

"maybe." luke smiled. quinn sat down next to sadie and looked at the game being set up.

"not this game." quinn groaned.

"be nice. sadie's leaving tomorrow so we're doing her favorite things." jack told his brother.

"im gonna be the blue guy." quinn said, grabbing the character piece.

the four of them played the board game, sadie winning each time they played.

"im getting bored of winning." sadie groaned.

"im getting bored of losing." jack frowned. sadie smiled knowing this was the only game she could beat the three boys in.

"how about we watch a movie?" quinn suggested.

"what movie?" luke asked, looking at sadie.

"tangled." sadie answered.

"isn't that a princess movie?" jack questioned.

"yes, now let me be a kid again and watch this princess movie." sadie told him.

sadie got up off the floor and sat next to quinn on the couch. jack didn't mind, in fact, he wanted this to happen. he was hoping something would happen before sadie left for vancouver.

the movie went by quick and sadie had her head resting next to quinn's shoulder. jack put on another movie and sadie started to get tired.

quinn noticed that sadie had fell asleep against him, so he reached next to him for a blanket to put on top of both of them.

the boys knew that sadie wasn't leaving until ten in the morning, so when they woke up, they would have just a little bit of time to spend.