7

when sadie woke up around 7 am, luke and jack were already awake. she lifted her head off of quinn's shoulder and looked at the two boys on the opposite side of the room.

"don't make me cry yet." sadie told them. jack and luke nodded their heads and got off the couch.

"hungry?" jack asked. sadie nodded her head and got off the couch, being careful to not wake quinn up.

the three of them made their way downstairs to the kitchen where ellen was already making breakfast.

"oh, you're up! great! i've made french toast, sadie's favorite, eggs, toast, bacon, and sausage." ellen said with a smile on her face. it was clear that she wanted to give sadie one last big breakfast before she took off.

"thank you." sadie said, sitting down at the dining room table. quinn stumbled down, clearly still tired and with bed head. he sat down next to sadie who tried to fix his hair.

"did you even brush it?" sadie asked.

"no." quint mumbled. he was not a morning person. at all.

sadie's parents came in through the back door and sat down at the table with the hughes family.

the parents talked to each other as the teenagers ate their breakfast. sadie didn't want to leave, but she knew it was time to do it.

"come with me." she mumbled to all three hughes boys. they followed her out of the house and over to her house.

jack knew what she was doing, but he let sadie do what she needed to do.

"i promise nothing will go wrong, just trust me." sadie said. she climbed out of the window in her bedroom onto the roof next to it. jack came out next and helped quinn and luke onto the roof.

"jack and i used to come out here all the time to look at the stars. i know there are no stars but i figured i would show you guys the view." sadie pointed out towards the lake behind their house.

sadie was right, the view was amazing and quinn couldn't believe it.

she sat down on the roof in between jack and quinn, resting her head on quinn's shoulder.

"twenty minutes." she whispered to the boys.

"we'll leave you some time." luke said, grabbing jack's arm and pulling him inside.

"so.." quinn started. sadie looked up at him.

"i know you're leaving in a little bit, but i just wanted to tell you that i love you. more than a friend. i know you don't want anything relationship wise, but i just wanted to get it off my chest." quinn admitted.

"i love you too, quinn." sadie said. quinn leaned down and kissed sadie softly and quickly.

"time to go." jack called out from sadie's window. she pulled away and looked up at him.

"goodbye quinn." sadie whispered.

"goodbye sade." quinn whispered back. he kissed the top of her head before she got up.

"coming?" sadie asked. quinn smiled and got up, following sadie out of the house.

sadie started to tear up when she saw luke standing by the car. she ran up and hugged him tightly.

"im gonna miss you." sadie cried.

"what about me?" jack asked. sadie pulled away from luke and ran to hug jack.

"im gonna miss you too." sadie frowned.

"im going to miss all of you." sadie said as she pulled away.

"promise you'll text us every day?" luke asked.

"yeah. i promise." sadie smiled sadly.

"ready to go?" sadie's mother asked. she nodded her head and looked at the boys.

"i love you guys so much." sadie said. jack gave her one final hug as both of them cried.

"text me whenever you want. i'll always answer." jack told her. sadie nodded her head and got into the front seat of her moms car.

as they pulled out of the driveway, sadie waved goodbye to the three boys standing there. soon they became nothing as they drove down the road.

sadie sighed and looked in front of her, staring at the road so she wouldn't cry. she remembered that quinn had given her two presents to open up, so she reached into her bag to unwrap them.

the first one sadie unwrapped was a picture frame with a pitcure of all four of them in hockey jerseys.

the second gift was a custom made necklace. it was a gold chain with a heart charm. on the charm were all four birthstones. sadie's-peridot, quinn-opal, jack-emerald, and luke-sapphire.

the second one had the most meaning, even with the little message on the back of the heart. you make us smile despite the miles.

the necklace was clearly a gift from all three of the hughes boys.

hughes boys + sade

sadie
i love the gifts. thank you so much guys.

quinn
you're very welcome :)

jack
the necklace was my idea.

luke
shut up jack.

sadie
it doesn't matter whoever thought of it. i love it.

"i miss them already." she whispered to her mom.