2

lunch was quiet and it killed sadie. she hated when something was made awkward between friends.

quinn paid for the food and the two left the diner without a word.

"does jack know?" quinn asked finally.

"that im moving? no. you're the first one i've told." sadie told him. he nodded his head and remained quiet.

sadie didn't want to cry, not in the car at least, but she was going to miss the hughes family, and they were going to miss her.

quinn pulled into the garage and looked over at sadie.

"what's wrong?" quinn asked, noticing that something wasn't right.

"nothings wrong." sadie choked out.

"something's wrong. i can tell by the way you just spoke and by the way you're acting. so again, what's wrong?" quinn repeated. there was a few seconds of quietness before sadie spoke.

"i don't want to go." she frowned, tears spilling out. quinn frowned and pulled sadie in for an awkward hug.

"come on, let's go up to my room and we can talk." quinn told her. the two got out of the car and snuck upstairs to quinn's bedroom.

"quinn i really don't want to leave michigan, or you. i think i might miss you and jack and luke the most." sadie cried into his chest. quinn lightly rubbed the small of her back, trying to make her feel safe.

"you said you're leaving at the end of the school year right?" quinn asked. sadie nodded her head and pulled away from quinn to sit on his bed.

"okay, that's what, five months? we have five months till you have to go. let's make those five months worth it." quinn told her.

"what are we gonna do?" sadie asked, wiping her tears from her cheeks. "that's five months where we're both in school. you'll be thirsty minutes away from here."

"but it's only thirty minutes. i can come home on the weekends and we can do things then." quinn reasoned.

"quinn, i don't know. it seems like a lot on your part." sadie sighed.

"it's not, trust me. and while i'm at school, you'll be here with jack and luke, soaking up your last couple months with them." quinn told her.

"and maybe we can try something out between us." quinn said quietly, only audible for the two to hear. "if it's okay with you."

sadie's cheeks turned red and she looked away to think for a minute.

"maybe. i just don't want my heart to get broken you know?" sadie told him.

"i understand." quinn nodded his head.

"but i do want to try something. im totally up for it if you're up for it." sadie smiled.

"we don't have to be official either, just, i don't know, doing things together and sneaking out to watch a movie. i don't know, i've never done things like this before." quinn mentioned. sadie chuckled and shook her head.

"we can do whatever. i'll be fine with anything." sadie told him.