8. Calm down!

Ms. Pa is a totally different person in my eyes right now. She's still smiling but it wasn't like the smile she showed me at the party. She has a more business-like smile now.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Pa. I don't think I can accept the modeling job. I do not even think I look like a model. I do hope you find someone good." I said and while looking at the view from the window. We are at the 20th floor of her building. Outside is the construction for her amusement park. I wanted to stay focused but the view on the window behind her is distracting me. And I think I'm only being hired because she's supporting her her daughter who is trying to get me killed by Vegas anyway.

"I want you to know that this is nothing
personal. I felt like you fit the concept of the amusement park the first time I saw you. You look so genuinely happy when you smile. You'd attract customers for sure. However my daughter feels about you and however you feel for her is excluded from this deal.
This is business." It's like she was reading my mind. Anyway, I really am not interested. My cousin Apple used to model while growing up in the Philippines but he always looked so sad when we talk about it. It must be bad, then. Besides, I think both Pear and her mom are crazy. Why do they think I'm so good-looking? That's so ridiculous that I want to laugh. Are they blind? We talked for a few more minutes before I said goodbye to her. She was okay with it. She is a really cool person, but when I was just about to grab the door she said "You know, Pete, I'm not one to impose on people but if you want to be my son-in-law, I would gladly accept you". I take it back, they're all weird. They don't even know me

"I'm a really good judge of character. Pear is, too." I look at her and she smiles that friendly smile again. I just smiled at her and waid (wai- to put your hands together and bow slightly to show respect when saying hello, goodbye  or sorry) her politely before exiting the door.

I felt relieved when I see Vegas waiting by the door.

"How did it go?" He asked

"Alright. I told her I didn't want to do it and she was fine with it" I explained.

We continue to walk down the hallway towards the elevator to go down. Vegas will have a meeting two hours from now.

"I'll go down on my own. You have to prepare for your meeting anyway."

"Okay. Just tell me when you get home, okay?" He kissed my forehead as I press the button on the elevator. Just then, I see Tom and Pear walking together. They don't seem to notice us and so when the door opens, I immediately rush inside. I was surprised when Vegas did too. I don't know if it's the adrenaline but when Vegas stood behind me and his familiar scent kicked into my nose, him brushing arms with the side of my body to press the close button on the elevator, I felt my heart beating like some animal is inside it kicking the walls so it can come out. I think I forgot how to breathe for a while and I had to coach myself to inhale and exhale. I go under his arm pushing the close button to rest my back on the farthest part of the elevator behind him and continue to consciously inhale and exhale. Damn! Why don't I ever get used to him being close to me?! Damn you, Pete! Stop being shy like a teenager

When the doors were about to close, an arm went between the doors to keep them from closing. My excitement was replaced by bitterness when I see Tom's stupid smiling face and Pear standing next to him entering the elevator. I swear I heard Vegas groan frustratingly too.

"Hey Vegas!" Tom greeted and immediately put his arm over Vegas' shoulder. Pear stood next to me and greeted me with a friendly smile too. "Hi Pete!"
"Hi, Pear" I said politely. This woman confuses me as much as she annoys me. Still, I don't feel like she is a bad person. If she did not show interest in me, she seems like someone I can be friends with.

"I'm glad you're here. Do you want to look around?" Pear was asking me

"No, I'm going back to get some groceries. I just had some business here to attend to." I try to sound as formal as possible to her. She still had a friendly smile as she kept nodding. Everything seemed typical until I notice she has a birthmark on her neck. I didn't notice that before. It looks so familiar for some reason, like it forces a memory to me that gives me a headache. I don't know why.  I'll think about it later. "Pete?"
She kept talking to me but I couldn't hear her anymore. I feel dizzy and forget how to breathe again but now for a different reason. I see Tom showing something to Vegas on his Phone but what bothered me was his hand. It seems to mindlessly go down from Vegas' shoulder to his back and then down...I know it must be because he's too focused on what they're watching that he loses attention on where his hand was touching but I can't help it.

I try to imagine my happy place  to pull myself away from the situation. I'm at the beach with Vegas. Yes, I can picture it out. We're sitting on the sand, the waves sound perfect. His hair is being ruffled by the wind. Wow. And then...and then Tom comes and steals my man! Ohhh I'm going to kill this guy!

I look at the reflected floor number 10th floor, 9th floor, 8th floor... take it anymore. I feel someone poking my arm and realize it was Pear. I forgot about her.

"Pete, I asked if you wanted a ride to the mall." She asked.

"No, Pear. No need" she said something else but I couldn't focus. 6th floor...ooh, Tom's hand keeps on going down. 5th floor and I can't take it anymore. I do something I'm gonna regret for the rest of my life.

I walked forward as I hear ringing in my ears. I couldn't see or hear anything else. And for now, at least, nothing else matters. I grab Vegas out of Tom's grasp and hold his face and pull it towards me to a kiss. I almost lost it when I feel his soft lips and see his shocked expression but I am strong. I need to prove a point to both these people we're with in this elevator. To my surprise, I feel Vegas' lips move for the kiss and my lips instinctively move too. Shit I can't help it.

I stare at the monitor and see we're on the second floor. I move behind him and talked in his ear "that was your goodnight kiss. Don't wait up, I'm going out with my friends tonight" I know Tom and Pear heard too but that's okay. I meant to do that anyway.  I look at Tom who was now at a loss for words. "What are you looking at? I'm gonna knock off all your teeth." I said in my mind only. I saw him cover his mouth. Oh, I guess I said it out loud, then. I'm going to regret it someday but not today.

Dang, this is a little embarrassing but I feel so cool! Now for my final move! I raise my hands up to gather some strength. I let my confidence get the best of me even just for today. My arms move down to a swinging motion. I'm gonna do it. I'm going to slap his butt! Hehehe. I'm using all my strength so it's worth it when I get punished. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins as I bite my lips in excitement. * Plak. "Ughkkkk" Vegas made an almost high-pitched sound and I hear the sound of my hand slapping and see Vegas slump to the ground. He unknowingly turned around to face me and so my hand that I used with full force landed on his crotch! I feel my face grow with fear and worry. Oh God!

A/N
I'm so happy! I got to finish my presentation at work so now I'm back to writing. I wanted to keep this chapter short because I feel like it's the best for these events but I hope you like it anyway. Also, I've been reading your comments and I don't usually know how to respond but just know they give me life! 💖

-Joey.