20. Therapy?

"Okay, lovebirds. Time's up. Pete, please come with me" I look at Vegas before deciding to follow Yao.

Yao walked into Nop's room and motioned me to sit face to face with him in front of Nop's coffee table.

"You like ice cream, don't you?" He handed me a small tub of ice cream and he had one for himself too. I don't know what he wanted to talk to me about.

"Pete, would it be okay if you and Vegas don't see each other for two months?" He was serious about that?

"Please tell me why." I said in a formal way

"It's part of his therapy plan. He has to be calmer in front of you. I'm afraid he's too fragile. He doesn't even listen to you, just does what you want blindly in fear that you might be displeased. I would like to get rid of that fear of his and I hope you're willing to cooperate."

Okay.

"But is it true that if I did not come here tonight, you could have allowed Vegas to meet me?" I ask. I feel stressed.

"Sadly, yes but don't be regretful. It's a good thing we saw that he wasn't truly ready. Vegas agreed to this type of approach for behavioral therapy. And he allowed me to tell you all
about it." Yao said calmly. Why was he so wild earlier?

"Why are you acting formal?" I can't help  but ask.

"Oh, you mean earlier. Earlier was fun! I can't believe how bold you are! Hahaha" I begin to get annoyed.

" This is all part of Vegas' therapy. Therapy should be comfortable for the patient. What Vegas finds comfortable is an environment like that. An environment where he feels it's valid to get annoyed. In formal settings, Vegas is forced to pick up his mask and act like everyone else" He continued to say.

I can't believe how much this asshole is making sense. "Okay, I agree to it. I won't see him for two months." I say and hurriedly stood up.

"Wait, Pete..."

"What?"

"Do you want to be my patient too?" What is he talking about

"I've already graduated from therapy, Doctor" I said the word Doctor sarcastically,  dismissing him. I can't help but be annoyed by him. How could he torture me into believing he was Vegas' boyfriend?

"Therapy isn't a one-time thing. You can talk to me whenever you feel sad or uncomfortable" He kept explaing

"Well, I feel uncomfortable because of you." I can't help but say.

"Me, and why is that?" What psychiatrist is so insensitive?

"You let me believe you were Vegas' boyfriend!"

"I wanted to see if you'd talk to Vegas first or jump to conclusions. I knew you'd eventually snap and confront him but I didn't know you'd show up with a gun and then ask him to marry you! Wow. Now that's a masterpiece!" He clapped his hands at me. And then raised both his thumbs.

"You're really crazy for a doctor!"

"And so? Just because you're an oncologist doesn't mean you can't have cancer! And you're one to talk. Weren't you a high-calss bodyguard who was kidnapped by a beauty queen with untrained bodyguards?" He insulted me.

"How dare you? And why are we in Nop's room? Don't you have your own?"

"I wanted to be roommates with him, so what?" He asked me, still sassy.

"What?"

"Why, didn't you have roommates in the main family's house?"

"Yes, but I didn't choose it. I'd rather be alone in the room!" We kept exchanging questions like that.