19. Question

VEGAS' POV

Today has been as stressful as any other day. It's been a few days since Uncle Korn's death anniversary. I wasn't going but then Tankhun informed me that Pete would be there.

I called up some stylists so I could look my best for Pete.

Tankhun has been extremely helpful for the past year, making sure I don't skip therapy sessions and making sure I don't (cheat) on Pete. As if. After I fell for Pete it's like no other man exists anymore. Pete is like a blessing, making up for all the times I was sad and alone and karma for everything I did wrong in my life. I feel like dying everyday he wasn't with me.

Regardless, whether I was enchanted or cursed, I don't care. It doesn't even matter as long as I live in the same world as Pete, it's okay.

I had everything planned out, I would ask him to get back together with me and tell him I'm receiving therapy but then Yao, the crazy psychiatrist Nop hired from hell, told me I'm only allowed to say hello to Pete. He  made my life a living hell by telling me I wasn't allowed to send letters to Pete when he was in America. Now, though, I understand it was all probably in good faith.

I must admit, before the therapy, I had no guts to ask Pete how he was doing so the crazy therapy must have worked a bit. A few weeks into it, I finally wanted to exchange letters but Yao told me to give Pete space.

Space? It was about twelve thousand kilometers away. How much more space is Yao demanding me to give?

I did promise Pete I won't intrude in his life but I still wanted him around me. I love him and even if he doesn't want me anymore, wouldn't it be nice to be able to send him letters of encouragement? Wouldn't that be enough of an excuse to at least let him know I'm still around? That I think about him all the time?

When I saw Pete at the party, I was shocked to see he was even more gorgeous than before. Is it because he was without me?

I kept staring at him but Yao kept on holding my head, keeping me from looking at Pete. He was holding my head the entire party like I was a kid who broke his neck.

So many people were looking at Pete and that woman even asked for his number.

I'll never forget that face. Porsche must have forgotten our deal back then that he would stop everyone, especially that woman from getting with Pete. I stepped on his hand so hard because I wanted to crush it. He better be thankful he's Pete's friend.

And now I haven't taken a bath since that day. Never in my life have I been this filthy but it doesn't matter in my mind I knew Pete won't see me tonight anyway. After tonight's session, I would be allowed to see Pete while still having therapy. I'll make sure to see him tomorrow in my best clothes.

Tomorrow. Or so I thought.

When I saw him downstairs, I thought he was a hallucination but Tankhun is never in my hallucinations and the dingdong was there too.

Fuck.

I ran to the bedroom and hurriedly rinse my face and brushed my teeth. I accidentally swallowed some mouthwash too because I was in a hurry.

I was supposed to change my clothes but then Pete was already at the door so I had no choice but to put on a robe and spritz some cologne on me. I couldn't care less about Yao who said I moved so fast like a cartoon character.

Pete almost forced his way inside the room and pointed the toy gun I bought him at my chest. He asked about the roses I planted with grandma and he looked so sad I felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest.

I wanted to hug him and tell him it was going to be okay but I know I wasn't even supposed to talk to him.

And then came the moment I had never even imagined in my life.