SPECIAL CHAPTER: HONEYMOON

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT, SEX

If you feel uncomfortable, sex chaps are not for you, or that it triggers you, I advice you not to read this. This is just a special chapter and the main storyline of Mission Surrender isn't that much affected because of it. Don't worry I gotchu.

If you haven't read Mission Surrender, some of the events may be hard to follow, tho.

This is only me recognizing that one of the many dimensions of VegasPete is sex. And I'd like to touch on it. We saw that they tried to comfort their minds with therapy, now let's try to blow their minds and I hope it works. LUV YOU, guys!

-JOEY

BEFORE THE WEDDING

PETE's POV

"I'm sorry." Vegas handed Pear a towel and I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. Is he apologizing?

"It's fine." Pear accepted the towel and tried to dry her hair while now wearing a robe as she waits for her assistant to bring her a new dress.

"I don't like you but I should have held it in. I lose my cool when it comes to Pete. I'm working on it." Vegas looks at me. Right now it was only the three of us in this room.

"I think we should talk" Pear was talking to Vegas. "It's okay if you want to stay, Pete".

I didn't want to so I excused myself.

"What did you want to talk about?" Vegas asked

"I'd like to tell you everything about Pete and I. What we used to be, at least" Pear started from the beginning to the last summarizing event while still being sensitive enough of how Vegas would feel.

"So I'm telling you this because Pete may not be able to. He doesn't want you to get the wrong idea. And I know keeping a secret from you will eat him up inside. So you're welcome." Pear ended the narration.

"It doesn't matter anymore" Vegas says confidently. "I know Pete loves me. I get jealous but that doesn't mean I'm mad at him or that I don't trust him"

"You're unexpectedly mature right now. I hope you're always like that so Pete would not suffer" Pear says as she straightened her posture, surprised as she can't believe she's talking to the same man who pushed her into the pool minutes ago.

"You're saying you'te letting him go?" Vegas raised his eyebrow at the woman.

"No, I'm saying so many things. I'm saying I regret agreeing to his grandma's request to let him forget me. I regret not looking for him hard enough when I heard he was working in Bangkok. I'm saying I wish I saved him from the trouble of working his ass off and risking his life for a family of criminals. I'm saying I wish he had it better in life. I'm saying I wish we ended up together because I thought that us meeting again at that party was fate and we would end up together forever but...I understand he loves you very much and I'm saying his happiness comes before mine. Always"

Pear says with obvious pain in her heart.

In reality, she regretted not being selfish enough to pursue Pete. Still, she did not want Pete to feel traumatized so she did not bother his peace back then. She only wished Pete had come to her at some point and said he remembered her but that wasn't the case.

Vegas looks at her for a few seconds.

"You're not that bad looking. Why don't you just find someone else?" Vegas asks but he knows how close he was to being like Pear, just being Pete's ex. And he doesn't know if the extent of Pear's feelings for Pete matched his own but if it did, Pear's growing old alone.