23. Last Chapter!

PETE
I still can't believe Vegas apologized to Pear. I wanted to tell him how proud I am of him and quiz him about what they talked about but Vegas has been quiet the whole trip. We decided to go to Chumphon to visit my grandparents and tell them that we got back together.

"Grandma, grandpa..." I felt awkward as I drag Vegas with me by the hand.

"Oh, you got back together!" Grandma held her hands together, looking pleased before I can even tell her.

I nodded my head and suddenly felt shy

"They broke up?" Grandpa looked confused

"Are you having dementia?!" Grandma scolded grandpa.

"Oh I thought they just had a fight because when Pete left, Gas was here all the time" Grandpa still had difficulties with Vegas' name

I felt myself blush and I look at Vegas. I realize he had never failed to make me feel loved.

When we were alone in the room. We laid on the bed and hugged each other.

"Vegas..." I started "Will you---" I hesitate

"Will I what?" Vegas asks me. He looks excited

"Will you go on a breakfast date with me?" I ask him

"What? No!"

Did I just get rejected? Why won't he go on a date with me? It's been so long since we went on one!

"Why not?" I am a little annoyed

"The last time we went on a date, we broke up. I'm still receiving therapy from the trauma! You know this." He stubbornly said although he's receiving therapy for the trauma from everything that happened in his life, not just that.

"We won't break up! I won't break up with you. I just wanted to enjoy breakfast on my favorite cliff with the view of the sea." Vegas rolled his eyes and avoided looking at me

"Fine, I'll go without you." I let go of him and turned my back on him. Stupid asshole rejecting my romantic gestures.

"Do you promise?" He asks me.

"Yes, I promise I'll go without you."  I hope grandma puts all the chilis in the world in the breakfast so she'll make you so you get diarrhea for life!

"Do you promise you won't break up with me?" I felt sad at his tone. And I faced him again.

"I promise. I'll never break up with you again. I suffered so much when we did." I kissed him to seal my promise.

"I'll wear my best suit, then"

The next morning Vegas wore designer clothes that look like they're hard to move in. I wiped the sweat on his forehead when we reached the top of the cliff.

Vegas was surprised to see the lavishly decorated table with a waiter holding the wine and the bucket of ice beside it.

"Surprise!" I tell him excitedly.

"Woah, Pete. This table looks great!" Vegas looked at the table filled with Western food. We had steak, salad, roasted pig, and a lot of food Khun Noo prepared the I was not familiar with.

"I look dressed for the occassion. You look a bit underdressed." Vegas teased me and I feel a little uncomfortable seeing that I wore clothes that looked similar to the waiter's who just smiled at us.

"Whatever. " I said

If I'm being honest, I wanted to wear walking shorts with my button-down shirt not tucked in my pants like I normally would at the beach but Vegas was too well-dressed that I put on pants instead. It's alright. We'll probably take a lot of photos today. It wouldn't hurt to look nice.