17. The Breakup Story

A/N:
Heyyyy This is a whole chapter dedicated to VegasPete's break-up story.

-Joey

A week after the incident with Korn

"Vegas, just let me confess what I did to Khun Kinn"

"No, let me go to him. I'll make him listen to the recording, Pete so he understands everything. I was voice recording the whole time"

"No, Vegas just let me go. Let me do it! The guilt is eating me up."

"And let you die? Pete, just tell them what Korn did or just don't tell them at all like you and Tankhun agreed on!"

"Khun Noo took the blame for me! He told everyone he did it when he didn't! Now he's been locked up in a cell by Khun Kinn for a week. You know Khun Noo did it because he doesn't want his siblings to think that their father was bad and because he wanted to protect me! I don't know what to do. I don't want to feel this guilt all my life!"

"You can't go there! If you come up with no reason at all, they'd kill you for sure, Pete and I can't allow that. I'd rather kill myself than see you do that."

"Don't ever tell me that, Vegas! Don't you dare let me hear you say you'd kill yourself. Not even as a joke. You know how much I sacrificed to keep you alive" I say as I see his eyes turn from anger to sorrow

"Pete, do you blame me?" He said, a sad expression on his face.

No.

"I don't know, Vegas. Please give me some space first" I say to him. I feel bad but I can't control the words that come out of my mouth.

I don't blame him. I really don't but I can't express my emotions well. I feel too many emotions all at once.

I just feel so guilty and sorry. I shouldn't have gone there. I shouldn't have convinced Vegas to go. I should have ran away with him somewhere the main family couldn't find us.

"Let's just sleep it off, Vegas. Can we do that?" Vegas nods his head and puts a blanket over the both of us. He kisses my forehead and wraps his arms around me.

I take a look at his face to engrave his beauty in my memory. Vegas, I'm sorry. I really have to do it. I'm aware I may die after confessing that it was me who killed Khun Korn. I know that Vegas would be hurt if I die. I know, but I can only hope he loves someone else and is loved by someone with a life that isn't as tragic and as complicated as mine. I'm sorry I have to leave when I know he loves me so much but I've made up my mind. I killed someone who's done so many good things for me, whose family treated me so well. I can only pay them with one thing.

My life.

If that's what they want.

"I love you so much, Vegas. So so much." I whisper in his ear.

"Pete, I love you too. More than anything in the world. Please. Please, don't do anything that would make me lose you. I beg you." He answered me as I wipe my tears, thanking the darkness for hiding my sadness.

I wait for him to fall asleep and when he does, I take his arms off my body as I grab the car keys and go down the stairs.

Two bodyguards see me as I make my way to the door.

"Khun Pete, where are you going?" One of them asks

"I'm going for a late-night drink with a friend. I'll be back shortly."

"Would you like us to accompany you?"

"No, I'll be alright" before I could get out of the door

"Pete!" I hear Vegas and look to see him running down the stairs.