1.1

Stoneheart Pt. 1

The next morning, I woke up to an empty house. There was no noise except the soft snores of Flaame. Careful not to wake her up, I walked over to the closet, picked out an outfit and headed to the bathroom to get ready. When I was done, I decided to wake up the sleeping kwami. Rubbing the top of her head, I nudged her awake and told her that I have to leave for school. "It's too early," she grumbled, "Just five more minutes, please." I laughed softly, "I see someone hasn't gotten used to the time difference yet." She huffs as she followed me down the stairs and into the kitchen. On the table I found a note that read:

Hey Sweetie,
I had to step out early today. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the embarrassing first day of school photo shoot, but I promise i'll
make it up to you tonight. Stay safe and have a great day at school. Love you!
Mom

I sighed as I placed the note back on the table and picked up my phone. Flaame hovered by my shoulder, "What are you doing?" she asked as she watched from behind.

"Finding a place to get food on my way to school." I answered scrolling through my phone to find the map app. Flaame looked at me, puzzled. "But I thought Chloe was going to come and pick you up." I shrugged, "She cancelled last minute, said she wanted extra time to get ready." I then turned headed towards the front door, grabbing my shoes and slipping them on. "It's no biggie though. Gives me time to explore."

Flaame followed close behind, "Explore what exactly." "The sights." I vaguely answer as i headed out the door and began my walk to school. I stopped by small bakery and bought what I thought to be the best baked goods I have ever tasted. As I was thanking the owners on my way out, a girl about my age ran passed me, almost knocking me to the ground. She muttered a quick apology before running away, heading towards the same place I needed to go.

When I neared the crosswalk, I found the same girl helping an old man cross the road. "How nice of her." Flaame said from my pocket, I gave a soft smile, agreeing to the statement. I then saw her trip. making me act on instinct and catch both her and her things before anything touched the ground. She then thanked me and explained that she's no stranger to disasters. I laughed and thanked her as she handed me and the older male, who I felt was familiar, a macaron.

The girl was about to leave again before I stopped her, noticing she was heading the same way as I. "Oh are you going to Collège Françoise Dupont, too?" I ask, walk beside her. She turned to me, clearly surprised. "Oh! Are you going there?" I nodded as she began to smile. I then stuck my hand out for an official greeting. "I'm Y/N." I say as she grabbed my hand and shook it, giggling. "Marinette!"

As we walked to the school, she informed me in all I needed to know. Who to befriend, which teachers are the best, and who to avoid. She then led me to the office and said her goodbyes. I said goodbye as well, hoping to see her again.

After talking to the principal, I was then guiding to my home room where I found Marinette and Chloe arguing. I knew that Chloe can be a little much but I couldn't believe that their fighting over a mere seat.

As I walked in, the two finally settled, scowls on their faces, glares piercing each other. Feeling uncomfortable, I decided to clear some air. However, that didn't go as planned. I guess that their war runs to deep.

Miss Bustier, the home room teacher, ushered me to have a seat. I was heading towards an open seat behind Marinette, smiling as she noticed my presence before being dragged away by Chloe.