2.6

Captain Hardrock

Ever since that day, its been hard to face Marinette, let alone the others. After telling the world about me and Adrien, all of the people who I thought were my closest friends wouldn't even look at me. Well, except for Nino and Chloe, who somehow learned to start getting along.

For example, right now.

"Don't worry about it, Y/N. I'm sure she'll come around." Nino said as he comforted me. Chloe nodded and handed me a smoothie, "Yea, sometimes she can be prick, but she's not all bad." Nino laughed, "That's rich coming from you."

Chloe's jaw dropped as if offended, "I have my reasons." She said while crossing her arms, "And I'm getting better, now that Y/N's here." She then wrapped her arms around me and gave me a big squeeze.

I smile, "Thanks guys, but you really didn't have to come out and meet me." The two looked at each other and rolled there eyes, "Nonsense," Chloe started, "You are my best friend and number one ship, I gotta make sure it sails smoothly." Nino nodded, "What she said, well besides me and Alya."

Chloe scoffed, "Please, that's like the least relevant, you just follow her around like a lost puppy." "Not true," Nino retorted, "I have some say in things we do... sometimes." He then looked down at his phone and instantly picked up, "Oh Alya, hey! Yeah, I'll be right there. Love you too." Chloe looked at me and gestured to Nino, "See what I mean."

I laugh, "I think it's cute!" I say to defend Nino and he smiles, "At least someone's got my back!" Chloe rolled her eyes, "Whatever, loverboy, go run to your damsel." She waves him off jokingly to which Nino replied with a huff. "No wonder you're single." He retorts before leaving, not noticing Chloe's shocked and offended look.

I couldn't help but giggle. In another world, those two would've been perfect for each other. "Don't listen to him, you'll find someone." I say.

Chloe shook the look away and turned back to me. "Well, never mind him, Do you have any plans today? Maybe we can go together and watch all the big concerts happening. There's Jagged Stone and XY, and I can ask daddy for front row if you want."

I shrugged, "Maybe, but Adrien was supposed to call me soon and come with me to watch our friends concert at Juleka's."

Chloe furrowed her brows and took a sip of her smoothie, "You're actually thinking about going. Even though you know..." She took a second to find the right words, "Not on your side right now."

I sighed, "I don't know, maybe?" I then leaned back on my seat, "I mean, they are still my friends. Even if they don't like me now, I still want to support them. What do you think?"

Chloe crossed her legs and leaned against her chair, "Well if it were me, I say who cares and do whatever the heck I want to do... like go see XY with my best friend." She then wiggled her eyebrows.

I scoffed at her blatant words, "Of course you'd say that." She shrugged and took another sip, "I'm just saying, why waste time and energy on what they think. Trust me, I've been doing that for years."

I stared down at my drink, "But still, they're my friends." She shrugged, "Whatever girl, it's up to you."

I sighed again, stirring my smoothie, lingering on the worries and thoughts I had of my friends. But on top of that the idea that Mr. Agreste could be...

...no there's no way, right?

In deep thought, I looked back towards Chloe. "Chloe," I call. Chloe looked up from her phone and rose her brows, "What's up?"

I bit my lip finding the right way to word this, should I beat around the bush or just go for it?

I'll just go for it.