1.9

Animan

"Chat likes me!" I squeal as I dance around the room with Flaame. "He likes me, and we kissed, and-" I sighed as I plopped down on my bed, "And he wants to get to know the real me!" I then shot up, scared. "He wants to know the real me... what if he doesn't like me... what if I don't like him?" I turned to Flaame and she shrugged, "Enemies to lovers."  I rolled my eyes, "This is not a cringey wattled story. This is real life. Something like that just doesn't happen."

Flaame sighed, "Your thinking too much into it. Your turning into Marinette. What happened to the impulsive and sarcastic girl I know. It's only been what. Like two weeks or so?" I sighed, "You're right. I need to let loose." I then turned to Flaame, "But we need to get to school first."

When I got to school I was met with Adrien and Nino hiding behind some sports equipment, clearly spying someone. "Nino, you're way overthinking this. Invite her to the zoo? You serious?

I stepped in, "Invite who to the zoo?" Adrien and Nino jumped and turned to me. Nino then widened his eyes, an idea forming inside. "Y/N, you're a girl!" I rose a brow, "I am..." Nino continued, "What would girls like, is a zoo good." I furrowed my brows, clearly confused when Adrien stepped in, "Listen, just be yourself, man." Nino sighed, "Easy for you to say, Mr. Front-Cover-Teen-Model-Weekly. I'm not that cool." 

"Sure you are, you're like the definition of cool." I say, "Whoever this girl may be, she's super lucky to have someone like you like her." Adrien joined in, "Yea, so invite her to the zoo. She'll say yes, I promise." Nino cheered up, "Thanks guys." He says as he marches over to Alya and Marinette. I rose my brows, "Oh so he likes Alya? Not gonna lie they would look so cute together." Adrien shook his head, "No, he likes Marinette." 

"oh"

Nino was about to walk up to them before he paused and ran back towards us. "What if she kisses me, or thinks I'm lame, or I act like a moron." I laugh, "You will." Adrien nudged me so I went on, "But that's part of your charm, trust me girls will appreciate the effort more than a cocky bi-" "You'll be fine." Adrien interjected, "We got your back."

I rose a brow, "We do? I never signed up for this." Adrien gave me a look, "You became a part of this when you came up here." I opened my mouth to argue, but realized it was in vain. "Fine." I say as I walk away, "But don't expect me to actually help you."

I got my hopes up because after school I found myself hiding beside the entrance staircase with the guys, plotting. As Alya and Marinette walked past, Adrien pushed Nino towards them. I sighed, "This will not end well, tell me why I agreed to this." Adrien elbowed me and walked towards Nino, "Don't worry it'll be fine." I groaned and followed, waiting to see how this unfolds.

Nino got their attention, seeming to start it off well, but instead of saying something, he just froze. I smacked my forehead as Adrien tried to help, "Oh so sorry, Right Nino?" He elbowed Nino to which he replied with a robotic, "Sorry." I breathed in heavily, realizing how awkward this is. 

Marinette forced a smile but then squealed realizing she dropped Adrien's new magazine. Man is she down bad. She scrambled to pick up the magazine as Adrien went down to help as well. The two bonked heads and apologized before Marinette snatched the magazine away. I leaned closer to Alya to whisper, "How cute!" Alya winked in response.

Adrien rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry about that." He then acted as if he was thinking, "How could we make it up to you. Any ideas Nino?" He nudged the boy and I was internally dying. His acting was so bad, anyone could see through it. But something about what he said made me remind me of the smoothie guy... no I shouldn't think about that I'm with Chat Noir now. Though I couldn't help but wonder where that could've led to in different circumstances.