1.5

Dark Cupid

"Okay so you're not Firebird, but you know who she is because of an internship you did in LA." Chloe paced around the room. "I still don't get it."

I sighed, "In LA I was able to intern at a company that associates with superheroes and supports them and I just so happened to meet Firebird there. We became friends until she moved here to Paris. When I found out I was moving we decided to keep in touch and-"

Chloe put her hand up, "That's all I needed to know. My bestie is besties with Firebird! Do you think I could get a picture with her? Maybe an autograph? Oh I have to meet her!" I sighed, glad she bought it. Spidey said the intern excuse works like a charm. Guess he was right.

I laughed, "Of course, I'll get one, but for now we'll have to get to class." I rushed out of my room and Chloe followed, "No we really don't, all that Ms. Bustier will be talking about is true love and delusions." I turned around, "Which is exactly what you are with Adrien." She batted her eyes, "True love?" I deadpanned, "Delusional." She scoffed, "We'll see who's delusional when Adrikins falls for me." She then walked past me and into the limo. "Still delusional!" I yell and follow.

As we went to class we went our separate ways, her to Sabrina and me to Alya and Marinette. Ms. Bustier began her lesson about classic fairytales, I may have blanked halfway through, but I regained focus as she began her talk about true love.

"The prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess. Now, who can tell us why?" Rose stood up, "Because only love can conquer hate!" She sang dreamily. Ms. Bustier smiled, "Correct." She was going to continue but Max stood up before she could. "Technically," He began, "this is true in 87 percent of the cases."

He continued, but it was hard to listen with Marinette bumping into me. I gave her a what are you doing look, but she didn't notice. She seemed too busy looking at whatever Adrien was writing.

Now, I was curious. Adrien is not really the person to not pay attention in class. Whatever he was writing was worth the trouble, and got his full attention. This would only happen in a) it's something to do with his father, or b) he was in love.

And judging by his face it was the second.

I was about to tap him on the shoulder, but Ms. Bustier spoke first. "Adrien, I hope that's about my lesson." She walks up to him, "What did I say?" Adrien looks up, "The prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess because love conquers hate." he says, and Ms. Bustier smiled, "Very good."

Suddenly the bell rang, and we all began to leave as Ms. Bustier wished us a happy Valentine's Day. I was starting to get my stuff when Marinette leaned over, "I'll meet you guys outside." Me and Alya nodded and started to head out.

When I got outside I saw Chloe and Sabrina outside giggling. "What are you two doing?" I asked. The two jumped and instantly rolled the piece of poster they had and hid it behind their backs. "Nothing!" Chloe unsuccessfully assured. "We were just collecting petitions against cruelty to hamsters." I rose an eyebrow, "Oh well if its just a petition then may I sign." Chloe's eyes widened, "No! You don't have to sign in, I already got your signature, I just need Adrikins - oh look there he is!" She then slid here way to the entrance of the classroom where Adrien was. Interested to see where this will go I followed.

"Hi Adrien," Chloe said as they stopped him in his tracks. She then took out a pen and Sabrina unrolled the bottom of the poster. "Sign here please." Adrien sighed, "Chloe, you know I hate signing autographs." Chloe closed her eyes and started to fake pity, "That's not what this is. It's a petition against cruelty to hamsters."

Adrien didn't seem convinced so he turn towards me, "Do you know what this is?" I shrugged, "Beats me, they said the same thing to me." Adrien shrugged, signed the poster and walked away. I looked at the two stooges, "I can't believe you guys." Chloe crossed her arms, "What I did was perfectly reasonable." I laughed, "Yea, for someone who's delusional."