2.3

Riposte

"And 5,6,7,8." 

My choreographer yelled as the music blared through the speakers. I looked at my self through the mirror and began to hype myself, up, getting ready for the combo. Once she finished our count in, I got into performer mode and smirked, starting the combo. 

It focused more on isolations and control of our body, really challenging us to be in charge. I threw my hands up moved to the fast tempo, letting my body take over. The footwork wasn't hard, just basic steps, but it was fast and the transitions into it were next to impossible.

Sometimes I wonder how I am even in this class.

We continued the dance, our instructor hyping us up and constantly shouting our next moves. Eventually the music and combination came to an end, and I was left breathless and in need of water. This was probably our fifth time going over the choreography and I haven't been able to take a sip since we started.

Thankfully the class was almost over and we were able to take a drink and pack up. As I gulped the last of my water, our choreographer came up to me. "You're really good," She complimented. I smiled, "Oh thank you!" She smiled back, "Have you ever thought of joining our crew here? You have enough talent work professionally."

I smiled brightly, "Thank you! It would be an honor." She nodded and smiled before handing me her card, "Okay, whenever you're ready, let me know. You're spot will be there." I looked at the card to see our studio's logo and a picture of their award winning crew along with a contact. 

I smiled to myself as I headed out of the studio, examining the card. As soon as I passed the exit doors I leaped into the air and danced to myself in celebration.

Dancing professionally has always been a dream of mine. To be side by side with the most famous musical artists, to be in music videos and dance on world stages. It would be amazing.

I have to tell my mom, and Adrien!

I ran to the school, knowing that he'd be at fencing practice around this time. He told me about a spot opening on the team and that he would be there to help asses the trainees. He also hinted at me trying out as well but I told him straight out that I'm a hopeless case at fencing, plus I had dance. I couldn't give that up.

And I'm glad I didn't, because I would not be running to the school right now, ready to tell him that I have a shot to dance professionally.

Smile wide, I entered the school, but found everyone scrambling up the stairs. Confused I tapped one of the students on the shoulder, "What's going on?" I ask and they turned to me, "Adrien is facing a new student, and it's crazy!" 

Curious and worried, I ran to the top of the stairs and found Marinette at the entrance to the Library. I tried to ask her what's happening, but she ignored me. Eventually, when I stood beside her, I noticed how intently she was staring. Following her gaze I found Adrien neck to neck with a fencer in red.

And to say the least, they were good.

I continued to watch in silence with Marinette as they continued their sword dance, when suddenly they both lunged and hit each other at the same time.

There was no room to see who was first, so I couldn't decide. What I was more curious about is how they got up here in the first place. 

Wasn't there some violation against this?

The one in red spoke first, "Who got the first hit, who?"

They seemed to not notice me, as I was kind of hidden from the doors view, and stared at Marinette. "I- uh" She hesitated before answering, "I think it was -uh, Adrien?"