1.3

The Bubbler

My alarm went off and I woke up, instantly sitting upright. I smiled knowing what today is, but something didn't feel right. On instinct, I touched my forehead. It was soaked with sweat. Did I have a bad dream?

"Y/N!" Flaame called, flying around my head, "Are you alright?" I smiled at her, assuring her that everything is fine. Today is a special day: Adrien's Birthday. For the past week i've been trying to convince his father to let him come home with me to give him a small birthday present. He eventually agreed with my mom's help, but what both him and Adrien doesn't know is that it will be a party.

Though, I've only told Alya and Marinette. I'm trying to keep it on the down-low so Mr. Agreste doesn't find out, but throughout the day I'll be subtly giving people invitations.

Genius. I know.

After getting changed as fast as I can, I rummaged through my closet to find the gift I made a while back. Grinning from ear to ear as I found the small bag, I saw Flaame try to peek in. "What's that?" She asked. I snatched the bag away from her. "None of your business. It's for Adrien's eyes only." She huffed, "Is it something love dovey?" I roll my eyes, "No. You know he's just a friend. Also, it's something extremely meaningful to him, and I don't want to get ruined in anyway." I then walked out of the empty house and into Chloe's car, not saying anything else to Flaame.

The whole day was quite boring, but I did get to hand out invitations to almost everyone. Everyone except for my closest Mari, Alya, Chloe, and Nino. I got too distracted i forgot to bring it up in conversation.

After school, I found Marinette and Alya hiding by the staircase. Sneakily, I ran up to them. "Whatcha doing?" I ask, startling the two. "Nothing!" Marinette squeals as Alya rolls her eyes. "She's trying to give her present to Adrien."

"Oh!" I say nonchalantly, "It's not that hard, just come with me. I mean, it's just Adrien. It's not like he's the man of your dreams." Alya looked at me while Marinette blushed. I just came to the realization, "Oh... Wow, I am not good at picking up hints. Well, um you can still come with me to give him the present, and maybe confirm that you're coming to the party tonight?" I ask, pulling Mari up and handing both her and Alya invitations.

Alya winked, "Of course girl, now go help out our super fan over here talk to the man of her dreams." I nod and started dragging Mari behind me as I walked up to Adrien.

"Hey!" I say as I wave to both him and Nino. Adrien returned my gesture, "Hey!" As we got closer I decided to hug the boy. "Happy Womb Evacuation Day!" I say. He smiled and then turned to Marinette who giggled and let out what I think was "hey" as she hid her present behind her back.

Confused, Adrien lifted up his hand, "Hey?" he said. Marinette started to talk, or should I say stutter, "Um.. I-I wanted to.. um..gift you a make. I mean... gift you a give I made, I mean." I tried my best to cover my laughter, she's my friend after all, but as she was about to get her words right, Chloe barged in and pushed her out of the way onto me. She then hugged Adrien and kissed him in the cheek. "Happy Birthday Adrien." Adrien just nervously chuckled and said, "Thanks, Chloe."

My childhood friends are ridiculous, utterly ridiculous... wow, Chloe did rub off on me.

Marinette sighed and sunk deeper into my arms. I sighed too, but then helped her back up, urging her to try again, but it was too late. Adrien already left.