2.1

The Collector

I walked down to the kitchen to make myself a hardy breakfast, before I saw my mom humming away as she cooked and scrambled some eggs. I smile, "who's got you in a good mood?" I ask with a smirk, knowing she probably found a match on tinder or something. He laughed to herself, "Oh nothing, just that my little girl is growing up and I felt like I needed to do something before she flies away too soon." 

I raise my brow in suspicion, "What are you-" it then hit me, "hey, are you bribing me to tell you about my boyfriend?" She smirked, "Oh, so he's you're boyfriend now."

shoot

She continued, "Wouldn't that mean I need to meet him soon. I don't think I could let a random stranger date my daughter." 

Oh, she's good.

I sighed, "There's no need to meet him." I said and she tilted her head in confusion, not saying anything but silently urging me to continue. "You, um, already know him."

Her eyes sparkled, "I do? Is it who I think it is?" She asked as she leaned closer to me, that sparkle never leaving, only growing as if she was about to set off fireworks.

I urged her to continue, "Who do you think it is?" I say as I tilted my head. There was no way she could know, right?

"It's Adrien, right! Ugh I knew it since we first moved here. You and him have never went a day without spending time with each other, it was a matter of time until you made the move! Oh, just wait until I tell Nathalie!" I widened my eyes in shock.

"Wait you knew? And why do you have to tell Nathalie." I gasped upon realization and looked at her with disappointment, "You did not place bets on my Adrien." 

My mother smiled, guilt etched onto her face, "How could I not. It was just too tempting. I could already tell something was going on between you two, Nathalie too. But the only difference was I knew you would get together before the years end, and Nathalie didn't think you'd ever get together. Oh how wrong she was for underestimating my little girl!" She then embraced me and squeezed me so hard to the point where I couldn't breathe.

I groaned, "I still can't believe you though. But what would you have done if it wasn't Adrien?" I asked, but she responded with a laugh, "Oh sweetie, that's impossible. I already knew from the looks you to give and the way you two talk on the phone. It was obvious you were in love, you just had to accept it."

I was about to respond when my phone buzzed. I looked down to see my favorite blonde on the caller ID. 

I smiled and my mom noticed. She smirked, "Why don't you take that while I get breakfast ready."

I nodded and headed to the living room while answering my phone. 

I started with a smile and a playful hey kitty, but when I saw the look of defeat on his face my smile turned into more of a frown. "What's wrong?" I asked and he sighed replying with, "I, I can't go to school anymore." 

I gasped, "What? Why?" He looked down, "I stole and lost a book of his, so now he doesn't trust me." I scoffed, "yeah, but that's no reason for him to just lock you away again. You're not Rapunzel. What was the book anyway, maybe we can find another copy of it online?" 

He sighed again, "We can't, he said it was one of a kind, the inspiration to his designs." I sighed, "Well maybe you can retrace your steps and find out where you lost it?"

"I already did. I feel like someone took it..." He then leaned in close and whispered the next part, "someone like Hawk Moth."

I furrowed my brows, "Why would you think that?" He continued to whisper, "Well, the things I saw in the book... it was about us. The Miraculous and the old holders. I think Hawk Moth took it to see if he can upgrade his powers or something."