1.10

Copycat 

I ran my fingers through Chat's hair as he laid on my lap, playing with my free hand. "Hey princess,?" He called looking up at me. I hummed, signaling him to continue. "About what I said before, I was thinking. Since we decided to "cherish every moment" what if we cherish our true selves?" I looked down into his hopeful eyes and frowned, "I don't think that is a good Idea." 

He pouted, "And why is that? If we knew who we were, we'd have more time to spend with each other... and maybe we can." I shook my head, "But what if knowing each other can rip us apart..." He furrowed his brows, "What do you mean?"

I shook my head, "It's too risky. If we're not careful-" "Then we will be." Chat says sitting up and holding both my hands, "We can make it work, as long as we have each other."  I sighed, "I don't know..." I say before our communicators began to ring, signaling us that its our time to leave.

Chat go up first, reaching out his hand to help me up. As I took it, he pulled me in close. "Promise me you'll think about it." I nodded as we went our separate ways. When I knew I was in the clear I de-transformed and fed Flaame. As she ate, she gave me a look.

I rose a brow, I asked what the look meant, but she shook her head as if it was nothing. "It's nothing, but it seems to me that you're actually considering the idea." I asked what she meant and she gestured to me, indicating the idea of me revealing my identity.

I shrugged, "He makes a good point, we could spend more time together, and it could give us a better advantage when communicating about plans and defeating villains. And maybe... it can help me shake this bad feeling I'm having. Keeping this secret. Its..." Flaame sighed, "I get it. But last time-"

"This isn't last time." I say as I walk out of the alley towards Marinette's. "This is different." 

As a entered the bakery, I was welcomed by the loved Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng. I smiled at them and headed towards Marinette's room where Marinette was panicking and Alya was insisting about calling Adrien. 

I ask what's going on inhales that they'll notice my presence. Thankfully they do. Alya explains that Marinette is trying to call Adrien because they think she'll have a better chance of talking to him if she can't see him.  I laugh, the ideas these two come up with is something much more imaginable than I ever could.

After a while, my phone started to buzz, reminding me about the commemoration. I sighed and excused myself, finding the nearest ally to transform. After I did, I made my way to the park finding Chat talking to the artist, Theo.

"I can handle it for now, I'm the one in charge anyway." I overhear, and I scoffed. "Love the confidence kitty cat, but you and I both know that's not true." He pouted, "Well, I can be." I patted his head, "Of course."

Theo sighed, "I just really hoped Ladybug will be here.  I wanted to ask her to autograph this photo. She's amazing. She's so brave and smart, the way she always saves everyone..." He continued to stare at the picture dreamily. Chat glared as I stare half suspiciously and half disgustingly. He sounds like a subtle creep, the girl is like 14.

The mayor then spoke up, "Perhaps we should commence, it might bring her here faster." Theo stopped him, "Just a minute more, Mayor Bourgeois. She is going to come. I can feel it." I etch my brows together, not really caring to hide my disgust. Chat leaned in, "Something wrong, princess?" He asks with a slight smirk. I look back, "I don't like this guy..." I whisper back, leaning into him. 

He smiled, "Yea, but. you got to admit he's pretty talented in the art department." I sigh, agreeing as Mayor Bourgeois turned to us. "I think we have waited long enough, let us commence." Me and Chat nodded as Theo lowers his head in disappointment.