1.2

Stoneheart Pt. 2

I woke up early to watch the news. Lounging on the couch, I watched as Nadja, the newscaster, explained the situation. Soon my mother came and kissed the top of my head, sitting beside me. I looked at her, a bit confused why she was home. She began to explain, like she was reading my thought, "Shooting was canceled today, because of the statue situation, but don't worry about it. We have three superheroes who have this under control."

I looked at her with a hint of pride. It's nice to know that my mother believes in me. Even though she knows it's not me.

A few minutes later, I heard a car horn. The sound was quiet but constant. Knowing who it was, I gave a quick hug goodbye to my mother and headed out, walking to the door of Chloe's limo. The chauffeur opened the door and ushered me inside. As I sat down, I saw Chloe on the opposite side of me, cleaning her nails. "After yesterday, I swore to myself that I will protect you for you first year in Paris." She said while looking fixing her cuticles, "I wouldn't want you to be hanging with losers and befriending the wrong people now. After all, Adrikins will be here, and we can finally have the trio back together again." I softly smiled, "Thanks for the nice gesture, but I'm not sure if Adrien will be coming. I mean, his father is really strict and-" Chloe cut me off, "Oh he'll be there. Don't worry." The rest of the ride was quiet, so I secretly snuck some food to Flaame, and readjusted my purse so she could sleep better.

As soon as we got out of the car, Chloe immediately found Sabrina, leaving me behind. Having the opportunity to leave, I began my search for my friends. Well as much as I love hanging with chloe, sometimes she can be too
much for even me to handle, but I still love her nonetheless.

Finally, I noticed Alya and Marinette walking in. Smiling, I walked up to the two, noticing they were looking at something in the phone. "What's that?" I asked gesturing to the device. "The Ladyblog, brining you all the latest news about the coolest new superhero, Ladybug!"

Well I see who her favorite is...

Alya then handed me her phone, "Check out the number of views since I posted the video." I smiled a bit bitterly as I took the phone and watched the video she took of Ladybug. I'm not one to really care, but sometimes I wish I get more recognition for what I do. Back in LA it was the same. I protected LA from almost every attack imaginable, but all they care about are the big time heroes who are barely even there.

Marinette seemed anxious, and a bit worried. "Why do you trust lady bug so much?" Alya looked back with confidence, "She's gonna handle them." Marinette wasn't convinced, "But what if she's not really cut out to be a superhero even though everyone thinks she is?" Alya and I looked at her confused, why is she so serious about this. Even I'm not, and I'm Firebird! Alya seemed to come to a realization, "Oh I know what this is about!" This only strengthens Marinette's fear. Alya continued, "You're scared, but don't be! I've seen her with my own two eyes, girl! Ladybug is a true superheroine! She's going to protect us all! I believe in her." Marinette sighed and continued walking, looking down at her purse.

That's suspicious.

As we neared a bench, a bunch of kids swarmed Ivan. Asking questions he didn't have the answer to. Kim stood beside Ivan, "You were seriously out to crush me, dude!" Ivan looked down, guilty, "I'm sorry... I wasn't myself." Chloe nudged herself beside me and leaned against the pole, "Once a monster always a monster."

"That wasn't very nice, you know." I tell her as Ivan storms off, furious. She scoffed and continued to make fun, "As if. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!" She then turned to me, "There is still so much you need to learn."