1.12

Sneaky Statues

Of course, everything is going amazing and swell in the land that is my brain. Villains have barely been a challenge, Chat and I are great and have been closer than ever, and I have not once thought about Adrien.

Or at least that's what I want to say. 

I could be living my life, but instead I am in my room avoiding everyone, solely because I don't want anything to happen. If I see Chat I'll only think of Adrien (because frankly, those two are way to similar) and if I see Adrien I'll only think of Marinette, and thinking of Marinette leaves me in a massive set of guilt.

Its in moments like these that I wish I was back in LA and back with...

...I can't go back.

I flopped down onto my bed and yelled in frustration into my pillow. Flaame sighed, "I really wish I could help you, but you already know what I will say and you won't like it." I turned to the kwami. "You are such a great supporter. I'm glad to have you as a friend." I say and Flaame stared back, "That was sarcasm and it was not appreciated."

I whined at cuddled further into my pillow as Flaame flew closer, "What you need is a distraction. Why don't you call Chloe?" I raise a brow, "Why Chloe?" Flaame answered, "she is the only one that isn't tied to the drama, and her antics will help you lighten up the mood."

I sat up, "Yea you're right. Chloe might be the remedy I need. Thanks Flaame." Flaame winks as I got ready and called Chloe and asked her if she wanted to hang out. She immediately said yes and yelled at Sabrina to get the costumes out.

Realizing what the costumes were I stopped her, suggesting that we should go shopping instead. She enthusiastically agreed and hung up saying she had to get ready. I laughed as the phone went silent and went to change into a better outfit.

I was almost at the door when my phone rang again. Thinking it was Chloe, I answered the phone. "I'm on my way, Chloe. We can meet in front of the entrance." 

"Oh, where are you going?" Another voice that wasn't Chloe replied. The one voice I wanted to avoid. I stood still and slowly looked at the caller ID.

It was Adrien.

"Oh, Adrien. Um, I was just going to go shopping with Chloe. What's up?" I asked and I could hear him shuffling around on his phone. "Okay, well I needed some help? It's about the girl I like, remember?"

My face fell a bit. Of course, how could I forget? He already liked someone else. So why would I ever think that he liked me?

I walked out and locked the door behind me as I continued to talk on the phone. "What is it?" I asked. He sighed, "Well, she's been distant lately, and I don't know what I did wrong?" I rose a brow even though I know he couldn't see it. "What do you mean?" 

He took a breath, "Well, we've been together a lot and have been really close with each other, but lately she's been in her own world whenever we'er together. She even is starting to avoid me, and it's making me wonder... did I do something wrong?"

I paused to think, "Have you insulted her?"

"No."

"Talk to much about yourself?"

"No, only in conversations?"

"Do you take care of her?"

"Yes! Of course I do!"

"Well, then she's just probably figuring things out in her own personal end. Give her some time and she'll eventually come around. She is probably just scared to tell you because maybe you would judge."