Chapter - 5

Krishna got ready and went to meet Yamini at her office... She was there 5 minutes early but she was called in at exactly 9:30 Am...

"Please take a seat Ojaswi", Yamini Prakash said politely and Krishna sat down after joining her hands in 'namaste ' in respect to the collector...

"You must be wondering why I called you here... Hm... ", Yamini Prakash said...

" Yes ma'am... ", Krishna said politely though anticipation is killing her...

"Mr. Mukerji, I'll talk to you later about that, you can leave now" , she said to her assistant who nodded and left with a 'yes ma'am'

"Ojaswi... I was at the court yesterday when you confronted DCP Viraj Subramanyam, to be frank, I was very disappointed with the way you acted, it would make your case weaker, it's good that DCP Subramanyam didn't press any charges of defamation in public, you do know he had that right don't you  ??", yamini Prakash asked Krishna...

"I'm sorry ma'am, I... ", Krishna hesitated...

"I want to know why you called an officer like Viraj Subramanyam a corrupt officer", Yamini said

"An officer like him  ?? What do you mean by that ma'am  ??", Krishna asked puzzled

"He is known for his honesty Ojaswi, he is one of the most sincere officers today... Duty is his utmost priority, trust me when I say this, he is anything but corrupted, I know him, and I also know you, you wouldn't say anything just like that...", yamini asked

"I don't know how much you know about the custody case but I'll tell you, everything ma'am, if you have time... ", Krishna said politely

"Go ahead", yamini Prakash said

"My cousin was barely 2 when my maternal aunt and uncle passed away in an accident, no one was ready to take care of his responsibilities, at one time everyone thought of sending him to orphanage or for adoption, I was very close to him and listening to what all the so-called relatives of Adiyansh are planning, I decided to take care of him... And from that time, I was the only one taking care of him, after 4 years, Adiyansh's paternal uncle suddenly realized that Adiyansh's parents invested in a lot of businesses which are booming now and all their assets belong to the little boy, and Rajendra Narayan badly wants money ma'am, he fell so low that he even portrayed me as gold digger in front of DCP viraj subramanyam... Till today, I never used Adiyansh's parent's money for him, I earned and took care of his needs, because he is my responsibility now... Everyone knew how I took care of him, so I was sure I would win the case despite of so many flaws like family support, financial strength, Or social Security, yet I know I did no less for Adi... But with DCP Viraj's one statement, tables turned... I was sure he is Mr. Narayan's man because no man who is truthful can support that vile Rajendra... ", Krishna said...

"I agree, it's DCP Subramanyam's fault for not investigsting it thoroughly, I would like to issue a warning to him regarding this... But tell me one thing, how do you defend the case you were arrested in just more than a week ago... Let me read it for you... You were booked under 'Bribery against public officials' section 201", said Yamini Prakash looking into her notepad...

"Yes ma'am... I have committed it but my situation forced me to do so... Adiyansh was burning with fever and I had to rush him to the hospital at night and was returning when this happened, the doctor advised me to feed him and give him medicines as soon as I go home... He was very weak, he couldn't even stand at the time when the police asked for my papers", she started... She narrated the whole incident to Yamini Prakash...

"There's a 6-year old kid with me ma'am, DCP Viraj Subramanyam didn't even consider the fact that in what way all this could affect the child... I am not even sure if he even knew there's a child in front of me... He was arrogant, reckless and extremely  insensitive... Excuse my language but at least for the sake of humanity, any official would respect a woman with a kid, I don't expect for him to free me, but the least he could do is let me explain, and arrange for someone to take the kid away before I was dragged to the station... I was taken to the police station at night at 12:30 along with my 6-year-old cousin... What impact that would leave on that child  ?? Not to forget, he was burning... I had asked my friend to pick Adi from police station, I stayed in lock-up, before my brot.... before someone bailed me out....", Krishna said correcting herself, she doesn't want to talk about her family which abandoned her...