Fighting Ghosts

A/N Welcome to the new book everyone! I hope you all enjoy. I've been waiting to get to this one for a while now. . . 😈

As always, please relax and enjoy the read!

~Princess <3

*Crime Scene*

Hank and Ana arrived just as Jay and Hailey were following a distraught looking man towards an ambulance. They had gotten word that a 5 year old girl was shot and assumed she was the one on the stretcher.

"Okay, what do we know?" The older man inquired, sliding into step along side the two Detectives as they began walking down the street and away from the ambulance.

"Not much. Jay and I heard the shots fired call come over the radio, so we rushed to the scene. The little girl was bleeding out when we got here." Hailey reported as they met up with the rest of the team.

"She got shot in the stomach. Good news is, the ambo got here quick." Her partner sighed.

"What happened, exactly? Robbery? A drive-by?" Ana wondered as she adjusted her face mask.

The brunette elected to wear one anytime she was in a public place that wasn't the District or Firehouse 51. Given her history of numerous lung problems and the virus currently going around, everyone understood completely. Hank, on the other hand, had a black scarf like object dangling loosely around his neck.

"Yeah, we don't know. She was walking with her parents, and then she got shot somehow. Unfortunately, they didn't see much. They heard two loud pops. Next thing you know, their daughter's on the ground bleeding." Jay relayed what the parents had just described to him not to long ago.

"So stray bullet?" Adam guessed.

"Sounds like it." The male Detective nodded.

"All right, so start canvassing. Talk to witnesses, pull PODs, surveillance cameras." Hank ordered.

"Find someone who saw something." Ana instructed with a small shrug.

Kevin and Adam, both of whom were sporting the same black cloth object as the older man, covered their mouths before walking off. Everyone else followed suit while the two Sergeants moved towards a strip of yellow tape.

*District 21: Bullpen*

"Okay, what do we know?" Hank wondered, coming out of his Office upon seeing Kim and Adam at the top of the stairs.

"Nothing much." The female Officer sighed. "No shot splatter, no shell casings, no witnesses."

"None that were willing to cooperate anyway." The male Officer corrected, moving over to his desk while Kim did the same.

Jay suddenly rushed in from the Interrogation Area, holding his phone up high.

"I just talked to Med. The girl, Laura Diaz, she's in critical, but the good news is, doctors removed the bullet." He reported, heading over to his desk and taking a seat across from his partner. "It's a 9mm. It's with ballistics right now."

"Not sure if it's connected, but Laura's father was arrested for possession three years ago." Hailey spoke up. "Also has some gang cards on file. Looks like he runs with the Latin Players."

"Maybe we were wrong." Ana shrugged and Hank looked down at her in response. "Maybe it wasn't a stray bullet after all."

*A Little While Later*

Hank was out interviewing the father with Adam and Kevin. Turns out he saw a black car speed away from the scene. Hailey and Kim were currently standing on either side of Jay who was seated at his desk.