A Couple Hundred Degrees

A/N So I realized that I posted the last two chapters in reverse order so I flipped them to match the order in which they aired on TV. Either way, here's another Fire episode that I'm including because it deals somewhat with Matt's head injury as well.

Without further ado, please relax and enjoy the read!

~Princess <3

*Firehouse 51: Common Room*

"Morning." Matt nodded, walking in with Ana at his side and spotting Blake in the kitchen area.

"Morning, Captains." He greeted while cooking some breakfast at the same time.

The brunette stayed at the coffe pot and began pouring herself some of the hot liquid while the male Captain rounded the counter completely.

"I wanted to let you know, with respect to our conversation last shift, that you don't need to worry." He assured. "The headaches, all that? Stopped."

"That's great." Blake grinned.

"Yeah, and I talked to Will Halstead over at Med, so it's all good." Matt added and Ana looked up in feigned surprise, setting the coffee pot back down.

The redhead, of course, had called the brunette immediately after and told her what happened.

"What's all good?" Sylvie wondered, having walked in and caught the tail end of their conversation.

"I, uh, had a couple bad headaches last shift, but, uh, it's all cleared up." The male Captain explained.

"Oh. I'm glad you're better." She smiled.

"Thanks." He nodded and walked off with Ana in tow.

"So, you talked to Will?" The brunette inquired once they were a safe distance away.

"I. . .may have made it seem like I was talking about a friend but, yeah, I talked to him." Matt scratched the back of his head, sheepishly.

"Well, you're feeling better." She chuckled, pushing ahead of him. "That's all that matters."

He just smiled, warmly, and followed after her.

*Briefing Room: A Few Hours Later*

Kelly was currently teaching a class at the academy and the students were coming to 51 for a visit. As a result, he wanted to create a little scavenger hunt and even got Matt and Stella to help him out with it.

"Grabbed the ones off truck and engine." The male Captain informed, entering with Stella right behind him.

They were both holding a thermal camera and placed them on the table along with the few the Lieutenant had already procured.

"I also found two older units hidden in storage." Ana spoke up, walking in with a smile.

"I told you we had it covered." Matt rolled his eyes, fondly.

"Yeah, and my Godson is teaching a bunch of new recruits how to be firefighters. You think I'm gonna miss out on that?" The older woman scoffed.

"That's plenty." Kelly assured through his laughs. "I only need six."

"How's the class?" Matt wondered.

"Couple promising up and comers. Then there's Jacob Mercer, who gives it his all, but scares the Hell out of me to see him in a CFD uniform." The Lieutenant admitted.

The male Captain made a cutting motion near his throat with his thumb.

"Drop the hammer." He advised.