The Other Side

A/N Welcome to the final chapter of this book!

As always, please relax and enjoy the read!

~Princess <3

*A Few Minutes Later*

"Row house is clear. I checked the gangways. There's nothing except for blood smears. I'm guessing they dragged her towards the back, had a car waiting." Adam reported, linking up with the rest of the team and leading them towards where they needed to be.

"All right, just show us what you saw first." Hank instructed.

"All of her gear." He gestured to their right. "Her vest, everything. Her gun. I mean she would've never taken that off, not without a struggle."

"There's not enough blood for a major injury. If she were dead, they would've left the body." The older man pointed out.

"Yeah, but there's another problem." Adam sighed, shining his flashlight on an area a few feet away. "I called Sarge, twice. Her phone keeps going to voicemail."

On the floor next to Kim's stuff. . .was another gun and a vest made for someone a lot smaller than everyone else. Hank swore his heart stopped dead in his chest when he caught sight of his own last name staring back up at him.

"We'll start knock and talks, pull cameras quick." Hailey offered, rushing off with her partner in tow.

"Good. Move." The older man ordered in a low growl.

"Boss, this is one of Roy's LKAs. I mean, he has to be involved, right? He and Kent, they gotta have them." Adam reasoned, sounding borderline hysterical at the moment. "They drug them back here, had a car waiting, shoved them inside."

"So let's get some people down here to help find them. Call Trudy, have her initiate a Plan IV." Hank instructed as calmly as he could which was not much. "Kev?"

"Yeah." He inquired as Adam ran off.

"Their items bagged and tagged. Get forensic scrubbing. Let's go." The older man commanded.

"Okay." Kevin nodded.

Hank glanced back at the gear one last time, hoping his wife didn't do what he think she did.

*Inside of a Car*

Ana kept her eyes locked on the prone figure of her Officer as the vehicle rolled to a stop outside some sort of warehouse. The door next to her opened and Kent Darby gestured for her to get out with his gun. She did and he slammed the door closed before moving over to the other side.

He practically ripped that one open and dragged Kim out. The man picked her up and forced her towards a big yellow door. The Officer had woken up during this time and was struggling the entire way. The brunette just followed them, silently, knowing that no matter how much she wanted to playing the hero wouldn't do any good for either of them.

"Kent, I'm telling you, we can work this out, okay? Listen to me. Listen to me." Kim pleaded as she was pushed into the building. "I know you didn't kill those girls-"

"SHUT UP!" He shouted, shoving her to ground and making Ana flinch. "Shut up!"

"Come on. Kent. I know you didn't kill those girls or Darrell. That was your boss. That was Roy." She pointed out, slowly getting back to her feet. "So just- we can make it. . .we can make this all fine. It's fine, but- no! No!"

Kent suddenly reached inside his jacket and Kim immediately thought the worst. The Officer lunged at him, managing to get her hands around his neck and driving her knee into his crotch multiple times. The man overpowered her though and merely tossed her back on the floor before kicking her in the ribs.