Double Red

A/N This is a Fire episode that I am including because it's my fic and I want to. 😂

As always, please relax and enjoy the read.

~Princess <3

*Firehouse 51*

Ana walked through the hallways with a smile on her face. It had been way too long since she last picked up a shift. The brunette had entered the Bullpen just in time to see Darren, Blake, and a woman she never met before leaving Chief's Office. The short woman filed that under, "ask Wally about later," and proceeded to enter the small room.

"Miss me?" She grinned.

Chief looked up from where he'd been messing with the desk phone and smiled, warmly.

"You have no idea." He joked.

Ana suddenly noticed that her friend seemed to be a little flustered and grew a bit concerned.

"Everything okay?" She wondered.

"Oh, yeah. It's just one of those situations where ya gotta try to get ahead of things without any prior notice because someone spelled your name wrong on the damn email." Chief explained, jokingly, although his voice did have a bit of underlying anger hidden in it.

The brunette lips formed an "ah" and she nodded in understanding but, before anything else could be said between the two, a new voice joined the fray.

"Just heard you were looking for me, Chief?" Mouch inquired, poking his head in and casting a warm look in Ana's direction.

"Yes. Please tell me why you didn't take the TRA training class five years ago when you were supposed to?" The older man demanded.

"Uh, pretty sure I did." The younger replied in confusion.

"You did not." Chief retorted.

"Huh. Well, that's a puzzler." Mouch muttered.

"Uh-huh." The older man squinted at him in feigned suspicion. "Report to Firehouse 33."

"Copy that." The younger nodded, moving to leave the room before stepping back in again. "Oh, uh, when did you mean?"

"Now, Mouch." Chief ground out.

"Oh, no, Chief. That is not something I was prep-"

The man was silenced by the look on the older man's face and quietly slunk out of the small room. Ana turned to Chief with a teasing smirk on her lips and he just rolled his eyes in response.

*Apparatus Floor: A Little While Later*

Ambulance 61, Truck 81, vehicle accident, 6535 South Union

"It looks like we're down two men." Matt sighed, looking over at Stella as he hopped into his designated vehicle. "It shouldn't be a problem, will it?"

"No, sir." She shook her head.

"Well, I sure picked the right day to come in didn't I?" Ana joked, appearing behind the male Captain and putting her face mask on.

He just turned around and grinned widely at the sight of his mother figure. A few more minutes went by before the two companies arrived on scene.

The brunette got out and immediately noticed the wreck. It looked like the car in the street sideswiped the one parked on the side of it.

"Ma'am, you okay back there?" Matt wondered, pulling Ana's attention to the young woman trying to get out of the back seat.

"My driver is drunk out of his mind!" She cried. "I told him to pull over and let me out, and he swung around and started yelling in my face. And then wham!"