Natural Born Firefighter

A/N Once again, we have another Fire episode and the reason being that this is the conclusion to all things related to Matt's injury.

So, without further ado, please relax and enjoy the read!

~Princess <3

*Lincoln Memorial Hospital*

Sylvie and Ana were in the waiting room on of the higher levels. The blonde had finally convinced Matt to get himself checked out so the two women were waiting for him to get done with the neurologist.

The door suddenly opened and they both looked up just in time to see the male Captain walking through. The ladies stood up and went over, meeting him halfway there.

"I need to get an MRI. He said it's possible the repeat trauma has left behind permanent damage." Matt sighed and began heading towards the elevator with the two women following him every step of the way. "It could be I'm having temporal lobe seizures."

"Well, what would that mean?" Sylvie wondered.

"They can get progressively worse, turn into full body seizures. I'd have to quit the CFD, obviously." He muttered, rapidly pushing the button.

"Hey, Matt, slow down. He said it was possible, not that it was certain, right?" Ana asked in confirmation.

"Right." The male Captain nodded.

"So, we don't know anything yet." The brunette shook her head.

"Yeah, we'll get the MRI and go from there." Sylvie shrugged.

"It's gonna be okay, Matt, no matter what. We'll figure it out." Ana assured with a smile, not that they could see it behind her mask anyway.

He let out a breath and glanced between the two with a grateful look on his face however, the elevator dinged before he could say anything.

*Chief's Office: A Little While Later*

Matt finally decided to fill the older man and Kelly in about his current situation. Ana, of course, was sitting next to him throughout the entire thing.

"It could be nothing. We'll know more after these tests on Wednesday, but for the next couple of shifts, it's better if I don't see any action." The male Captain explained and Chief glanced over at the Lieutenant, skeptically. "I'm fine really. Just. . . playing it safe."

"Are you sure?" Kelly pressed.

"Sev, I promise, he's okay." Ana chuckled, softly.

"Well, I can cover for you on calls." Chief offered.

"And I'm happy to pitch in around the house, take some paperwork off your plate." Matt nodded. "I want to stay busy."

"Good." The older man cracked a small smile. "You just make sure you take care of yourself and listen to Ana when she tells you that you need to take care of yourself."

"Of course." He assured with a wink. "Thanks, Chief."

*Later That Night: Molly's Patio*

Ana, Matt, and Kelly were at one of the tables, having a few drinks.

"I feel like I haven't been a good friend." The Lieutenant shook his head. "You've been going through something and I should have picked up on it."

"That's on me." The male Captain sighed. "I made sure you didn't pick up on it."

"Why?" Kelly demanded. "You can tell me anything. You better know that by now."

"Yeah, I do, it's just. . . I grew up in a family full of secrets. I guess, it's- it's become a fallback for me, shutting people out, when things get too rough." Matt explained. "I'm working on it."