White Knuckle

*District 21: Garage*

"You good, Kev?" Hank called out, walking in with Ana at his side and spotting the Officer inside of a nearby cruiser.

"Yeah, I think they locked me out." He replied in shock.

"Meaning?" The older man inquired, stopping near the driver's side which made the brunette do the same.

"The system's not letting me in. My radio doesn't work. I don't have any access." Kevin explained and stepped out of the car, giving both Sergeants a full view of his bruised face.

"What happened?" Ana demanded in a dark tone, walking closer to the younger man.

"They jumped me." He sighed.

"Did you see their faces?" Hank wondered, mimicking his wife's movements.

"Their faces were covered. There were no cameras. They didn't say a word." Kevin shook his head. "They were smart."

"Okay, let us find them-" The older man tried.

"You can't go to IAD. I'm guessing they've already got a open case on me. Nolan has men inside, so we can't trust that." The Officer interrupted. "And I have absolutely nothing on them still."

"Which is why I'd go elsewhere." Hank retorted.

"I appreciate that, but this is what we knew was coming." Kevin pointed out.

"Kev, there are ways-"

"Boss, we already talked about this. And I already talked to the team. I can handle them." The younger man assured. "I'm good."

"Well, all right, then." Ana cracked a smile, that was very obviously faked, and gave him a little pat on the shoulder. "Come on. We caught a case."

The brunette promptly turned on her heel and went back the way she had just come from. Hank sighed and went to follow after her but a hand suddenly landed on his arm, makng him turn back around.

"Hey, is she okay?" Kevin wondered.

He had instantly got concerned at the lack of emotion in the female Sergeant's voice. If anything, the male was suppose to be the more closed off of the two.

"I don't know." The older man swallowed and the Officer's worry grew tenfold. "She's barely even looked at me since our shouting match the other day."

*Crime Scene*

Hank, Ana, and Kevin hopped out of a black SUV. The three were all wearing bullet proof vests as they approached a nearby patrolman who was standing guard at a small gate.

"Sergeant Voight." He greeted, mainly adressing the male and not even bothering to acknowledge the female. "911 call came in about eight minutes ago."

"What was the call?" The older man inquired.

"Injured female. A male caller reporting his friend hurt. Patrol arrived, entered, found a deceased female. Male caller inside with her." The patrolman explained as he led them towards the house's main entrance.

"Okay." Hank motioned for him to continue and he stopped in his tracks just at the door, turning to face them completely.

"Sir, the male inside is Billy Braddem." The patrolman revealed.

"As in Alderman Braddem?" The older man questioned in slight disbelief.

"It's his son." He nodded.

"The ex-cop, right?" Kevin asked in confirmation as both him and Hank began moving forwards again.