Trouble Dolls

*South Mohawk*

Hank and Ana arrived on scene with Adam trailing close behind. The first thing they noticed was a body, covered in a yellow cloth, lying on top of a crushed car. They also caught sight of Kim standing at the other end with a patrolman.

"Hey." The older man greeted, uncovering the body to take a quick peek.

His wife covered her masked mouth in horror when the bloodied, unseeing face of a young pregnant woman stared right back at them. He quickly hid the body from view once more.

"Hey." The female Officer nodded, walking over with a small card in her hand. "Okay, so the DOA is Sofia Perez. 17, a Guatemalan national. I'm thinking she was running from something or someone. Came down here to this construction site, but it's a dead-end." She reported and received a grunt in reply. "I just talked to that resident. She heard banging on the door but she hid. Thought it was a robber, so we have Sofia, dead-end, can't get in the door. I think she took the only other option."

"She went up." The brunette murmured, gazing up at the tall building before them.

"Yeah, she went up the fire escape to the roof. Whether she was pushed or fell, she landed here and then whoever was chasing her found her, put two in her head. Close range." Kim explained.

"Shell casings?" Hank wondered.

"No. So either the shooter policed them himself or we're looking at a wheel gun." The female Officer observed.

Kevin suddenly appeared next to Adam.

"Guys, security camera on this building right here has a pretty good angle." He informed, pointing up to his right.

*District 21: Bullpen*

Kevin was seated in the empty desk across from Kim's, typing away in the computer. He finally got the footage pulled up and the Sergeants, along with the two Detectives, came over to view it.

The dark-skinned Officer hit play and Ana flinched back into Hank as the video showed the poor woman slamming stomach first into the car. The older man rubbed her arms comfortingly as it continued on, showing her trying and failing to get up.

"She's alive." Kevin murmured in disbelief.

"All right, let's just. . .skip to what we need to see." Hank swallowed, tightening his grip on his wife.

"All right. 40 seconds later." The dark skinned Officer announced as a hooded figure suddenly ran up and shot the woman twice in the head

"Wait, wait. Freeze it. All right, zoom in." The older man instructed.

"Mm-hmm." Kevin hummed while doing as he was told.

They were left staring at a hoodie with a red "K" on the back of it.

"All right, uh, anybody recognize the logo on his jacket?" Ana inquired just as Adam decided to finally join them.

The two Detectives just shook their heads.

"Murder weapon's a revolver, make unknown. The slugs came back from the autopsy, .38s." Kim informed, walking over from where she'd been on the phone the whole time a few feet away.

"Guys, the street where Sofia died is right in the middle of the claimed turf of two rival gangs, Los Milagros and Los Payasos." Jay spoke up, stepping over to the whiteboard and gesturing to a map of the area that had been taped to the leftmost portion of it.

"There's been some real beef. Six murders in three months." Hailey added. "Homicide says two of those murders were female drug couriers. Guatemalan nationals like our victim, Sofia Perez."