Chapter 3

I wiped some blood off my palm and went to the Dauntless section. I sit down and looked around the dauntless section.Someone punches me on my back hard.
"Hey stiff! Welcome." I smile without any reaction of a dauntless calling me stiff. "Toby." The dauntless boy says. I nodded.
"Jodie." I replied back. I smiled at him and waited to get out of the choosing ceremony.
****
It was a long wait but it was over. The dauntless went out the door first and ran fast to the train tracks. I knew what we were going to do right away. Jump on the train. I ran to the train tracks and waited for the train to come. I see it coming straight my way. I run to catch up the speed of the train. I try timing it right. Once the last train cart approaches I jump on. I bump next to an abnegation and candor girl.
"Sorry." I mumbled under my breath.
"It's fine." Says the candor girl.
"Christina Beatrice is the stiff." I nodded at the candor girl and tris punches Christina playfully. I sat down next to them and waited to jump out of the train. Will I be able to make it today Dauntless? Or will I become factionless. I walk to the train door and opened it for no apparent reason.
"What are you doing?" Asks Christina.
"Uhhh.... Just getting ready to jump off." Right at that time I see dauntless jumping off. I turn around to see Christina and Tris approach me. "You haven't told us your name." Christina says. I shook my head.
"Later not now." I jumped of the train without waiting and rolled onto the ground. I see them jump and they landed flat out. "Jodie." I announce to them. Beatrice and Christina nods. I walked to a dauntless instructor. I looked behind him and see an empty hole. So I guess we have to jump off the roof. I look up to instruct Aiden to see what's in the empty hole. I close my eyes and see Aiden going down. A net. Clever. I opened my eyes to see the instructor announcing how to enter dauntless. I looked to see who was going down first. I looked around and up at the sun. It was just a clear sky and happy a happy sight but a nerve recking experience to go in a new faction. I looked back at The instructor to see that Tris has chosen to go first. She stood there for a while and took off her sweater. She then jumped off the roof and went in the hole. Surprisingly Tris didn't scream. The instructor looks impressed.
"Who's next?" He asks.
"Me." I announced.
"Hu another stiff," I rolled my eyes at him and went to the hole. We were in a roof and it'd be about a 50 feet drop. I closed my eyes and breathed calmly. I took a step and jump. I opened my eyes and see it getting darker. The wind was pulling my hair and it the there was light coming my way. I'm getting closer to the net. I bounced off the net until it stops. I opened my eyes and chuckled. A hand comes towards me and I reach out.
"Name?" I hear a familiar voice I turn to the person and it was Tobias.
"T-"
"Four, name?" I rolled my eyes and said my name. I walked over to Beatrice and looked to see who was jumping off next.