Chapter 20

I went to Jeanine and ask her if I can have a ride to dauntless headquarters to find Eric. Jeanine nods and brings me there. I rushed out of the car and in to the compound I looked around the compound to find Eric. Everything was still the same, they must be at lunch. I bumped into a person.
"Sorry." I apologized.
"No it's fine." He smiled at me and left, he looked pretty cute but I just met whoever I bumped into, I don't even know his name. Whatever I shouldn't think like that. I went in the dining hall and try to find Eric, all i see is Four and Tris and Christina. great. I walk to Four and sit next to him.
"Did I invite you to sit here?"
"Did you notice that I'm your sibling?" Four rolled his eyes and let me sit. should I tell him about what I did with Erudite?or is it better off without him knowing. I'll tell him another day probably.
"How's erudite so far."
"Eh." he just nods and starts eating. "you've met Evelyn yet?"
"No it's better off or I'm gonna burst out yelling at her." Four mumbled.
"That's kinda exactly what I did to her." I smirk and chuckled. A guy came over to our table and stared straight at me.
"What?" I asked.
"My seat." He spat out.
"Hu? Aren't you the girl who bumped in to me."
"Sure-"
"This is my sister. Jodie." Four interrupted.
"Already losing your abnegation side hu?" I just smirk and let him take my seat. I went over to tris and Christina.
"You were talking to Four and the guy." Tris says.
"My brother and the guy actually." I took an apple and chewed it.
"Tomorrow is second stage of training." Christina says.
"Cool I guess I don't care actually." I mumbled remembering about Aiden.
"Yea aren't you an initiate?"
"Am I even on the score board Chris?" I spat out. She shook her head and started to eat.
****
After lunch I walked around the compound to see that Eric is pushed up with a girl kissing her. Didn't he love me, I guess he wasn't good for me anyways.
"Fuck you Eric I guess your not good enough for me bitch." I yelled at him.
"Oh well fuck you too." Eric yelled. I rushed out sobbing, someone grabs my hand and I turn to see it was the guy who sat next to four and who I bumped into to.
"What's wrong?" He said gently
"Do you want to know?" He nods.
"Oh I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Ryan Clayton an Amity transfered to dauntless." I smiled and nod. I bite my lip and took his hand away.
"Well Eric cheated on me, I knew he kissed me for some apparent reason which somehow I felt it was fake, Jeanine looked like she wanted me to date Eric but I just can't now, I never-"
"I understand, where are you going?" Ryan interrupted
"Erudite." I croaked.
"Can I come?" I shrugged and went out of the dauntless compound. I knew Ryan was behind me from his walking. I wiped a tear away and reached the Erudite compound. I lead Ryan to my room. He looked at me amazed.
"Wow you..."
"My mother." I mumbled.
"Erudite?" He stuttered
"No actually factionless." I chuckled.
"Why?" He asks abruptly.
"Faked her death," I let out a sob and fell on my bed. Ryan sat next to me.
"Oh sorry."
"It's fine, it's that I haven't met her in 12 years with my abusive father." I croaked, he nods.
"I should leave." I just laid there with no words. Ryan left and I let out a sigh. I knew that Eric wasn't the one. So why did I kiss him?
"Don't hurt Eric Aiden it's fine." I sobbed.