[ 48 ]

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
- THE CULPRIT -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"Out of the way! Emergency!" Doctors shouted as they rolled a hospital bed on wheels through the narrow corridors of the hospital.  All the doctors were in such a hurry.

In the bed was a girl with her eyes closed. An oxygen mask rested on her face, trying to pass her enough oxygen. Her heart was still beating slowly, but no one would know when her heart would give out.

Maybe the oxygen mask would be helpful. Why would they put it on otherwise?

Passersby were forced toward the wall. Like a poster, they were plastered against the wall with their backs straight.

The whole scene caught everyone's attention. Some were in shock and some were fascinated.

Next to the bed, a boy ran along. He held one of the girl's hands. "What's happening? What's wrong with her? Doctor, can you at least answer?" The boy asked desperately.

"Not now, sir. Jiwoo is in serious condition and we don't have time for questions right now," The doctor replied to his question.

"But I'm her boyfriend, Sunghoon!"

"Not now."

Sunghoon sighed deeply and tried his best to keep up with the doctors. They were fast and his legs were still weak because of being strangled earlier. He was luckily freed from dying just in time. On the other hand, Jiwoo did not.

She had no heartbeat, but in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, the doctors just managed to get her heart beating.

One of the ambulance staff even said that there was not enough oxygen going to her brain. They decided to put her in a coma, otherwise there could be serious consequences.

Jake, on the other hand, had already lost too much blood. They couldn't save him...

His family doesn't know anything about it yet. They must be in shock and sad.

"When will she wake up from the coma?" Sunghoon continued to ask anxiously. He was extremely worried.

This time, the boy got no answer.

Suddenly, they all arrived at a room. A hospital room. The doctor who answered Sunghoon's question earlier pulled him away from Jiwoo. The other doctors pushed Jiwoo's bed into the room.

"I'm sorry but you need to go to your home," The doctor began. "We cannot allow you to stay here with the patient under these circumstances even though you are-"

"I'm not leaving," Sunghoon replied coldly. "I'm staying here for the night and not leaving. She is my girlfriend and I want to stay with her. No one is stopping me and no one can force me."

The doctor nonchalantly blinked her eyes a few times before rolling them. "Fine, but don't even think of touching anything. My colleagues will get you a bed to sleep in," She said irritably and then walked into the hospital room. Sunghoon followed.

As soon as Sunghoon stepped into the room, he looked around busily. A fairly large room with a large window. The walls were white, almost yellow and there was nothing hanging on them at all. It was completely bare.

On the left side of the room was her bed, with her in it with her eyes closed. Sunghoon sighed at the sight.

His friend is truly a deranged psychopath. Fortunately, he was arrested. Otherwise, things might have gotten even worse out of hand.

The doctor who addressed Sunghoon earlier turned to him. "Take good care of her," She spoke before walking out of the room again.

Sunghoon sighed and sat down on the chair next to Jiwoo's bed. He grabbed her hand. "Wake up soon," he whispered.

Suddenly, a sudden knock sounded on the door of the room. Sunghoon looked up, expecting it to be that bitch (the doctor) again, but when the door was opened his mouth fell open in shock.

The culprit.

"Dad..."

"Son," Sunghoon's father spoke. "So good to see you again. How are you?" He asked.

Sunghoon's face turned red with anger. He clenched his fists. "Go away," Sunghoon commanded, but his father only came closer. "Get out!" He shouted, but he didn't stay to listen.

Instead, he headed toward Jiwoo's bed. He ran his hand through her hair. "How could she kill Jung," The father said while shaking his head.

"Who's Jung? And I don't even care who it is, she didn't kill him!" Sunghoon said with anger as he got up from his chair. "How else was she acquitted?"

"Because she came up with a fake story so she could be with you of course," His father replied. "How pathetic of her."

"It's not pathetic! Something must have happened that would have made her kill him! She doesn't just kill somebody for no reason! I know her! She's the sweetest girl I've met, the most caring one! I can't believe you're saying such bad things about her. I know you're behind all this, Dad! Jay told me about everything you've done to her and what happened in the meantime. I hate you for this, dad. I hate you so much. I never want to see or speak to you again!"

Sunghoon's father fell silent and took a step back. He looked straight at his son, who was bursting with anger. He is never this mad at someone.

"Leave, now," Sunghoon said coldly.

His father nodded. "Okay," He said. "But know that you are going to regret this."

And with those words, his father left the room.