Nose in a book

Funny enough how I met my fiance was in a small little book shop that I work at and co-own. 

I was putting books on the shelf as ai inventoried them when he walked up and tapped me on the shoulder.

I looked back at him and pushed my glasses up that were slipping.

"Hi" I greeted

"Hello" he says

"how can I help you?" I asked

"where is your poetic books?" he asked

"follow me" I tell him as I lead him off towards our poetry section.

"this is all poetry," I tell him gesturing to the whole back wall.

"thank you" he says

From that point forth it seemed like a mission of his to always come to the bookshop to ask about different books and my recommendations till he finally worked the nerve up to ask me out.

from our first date till now we was like two nerds who are madly in love. basically something from a romance novel of sorts or chick flic.

Now here I sit with my nose in a book as he is doing the workouts that he learned or had done while in prison.

"why am I not surprised?" 

I looked up and saw Angel standing there looking at me.

"hello Angel" I greeted

"hello nerd" he replied

 Sighed and went back to reading while he and Ez started talking.

I wasn't at all paying them any mind to what was being said till I heard. 

"By nerds" from my soon to be brother in law.

"bye man whore" I replied

 making him smirk while Ez laughed.

After Angel left Ez walked in the house behind to while I stayed where I was.

"come on love I wanna cuddle with you as you read me this book," he says coming back out and scooping me up in his arms.

"its really girly" I warned

"I dont care. I love hearing you read to me" he says

"alright" I replied 

he sat on the couch with me still in his arms as we cuddled up close and I started reading the chick flick story to him.

That's the grand majority of our bonding time. either he reads to me whatever book he is interested in or I read to him whatever book I'm currently into.