Chapter eight

Waking up next morning I feel for Bradley but he's not in the bed. I sit up and smell...
"Pancakes?"
I stand up and put on my uniform for today's training. I go downstairs and Brad is also in his uniform. I sit down at the counter and hear him singing after a while but did not hear me because he had earphones in. He started dancing and I just smiled at him smiling, singing and man those hips. I take the pancakes from the plate and put them in mine. When he wanted to put them on the plate he saw they where missing, he turned around and with that face we both burst out laughing.
"When did you get in here?"
"Good morning to you too Rooster. I got in when I smelled pancakes."
"Okay sorry gorgeous good morning. And I hope you got a big appetite."
"Uh yeah I'm starving."

After a nice breakfast I kiss Bradley and I get on the road.
Upon arriving and getting the canidates together we got in the air. Flying in that open sky Phoenix got on the koms.
"Uh Lieutenant I do not think we're the only ones in the air here."
I look around and I hear Bradley over koms.
"Whiplash bogie on your left watchit!"
"Stay where you are do not engage."
Flying after this person I loose him in the clouds.
"Rooster get your teammates back to base now!"
"I'm not leaving you behind."
"Lieutenant Bradley Bradsaw you will turn back now I'm not loosing anyone of you guys today."
Hearing koms cut off a voice came through.
"So you must be Lieutenant Riley Mitchel AKA. Whiplash? I heard and saw you are the best there is. Let's see if that is true."
A alien shaped plane flyes past at incredible speed. Getting out of the clouds I see him behind me with his speed increasing.
"Is this idiot trying to crash into me?"
I punch my speed and pull up as fast as I could, the speed and steep climb crushing my spine. I drop my speed and stall my engens looking up he passes right underneath me. I start up the engens again and, Target lock
"Your smoked."
Laughing he said:
"You really are as good as they say. Well done Lieutenant."

Getting back to base I get out of the plane I pull off my helmet my hair wet from the sweat of complete concentration. Bradley came running to me and takes my hands I didn't notice until Bradley pointed it out.
"Oh my god your trembeling like crazy. Are you okay?"
I nod my head and when I wanted to walk my legs caved in but Bradley caught me and helped me to the nurse.