Chapter eighteen

After a wonderful Sunday with my father it was Monday and that meant back to training. After going on a flight and teaching them the basics, we landed and called it a day it was only seventeen more weeks until the mission. After going to the locker room I walked to the cafeteria, sat down and enjoyed a nice warm cup of coffee. I heard someone enter and I looked up.
"Hello there Whiplash."
It was Lone Wolf.
"Oh hello Lone Wolf. How are you?"
"I'm good. Nice flying out there today."
"Thanks."
"So uh, we met on the rong wings last time. Let me introduce myself a little better to you this time around. Do you mind if I sit here?"
"No not at all, sit."
"Okay so my name is Shane 'Lone Wolf' Marchal. I am the son of a high ranking Pentagon official."
"Pentagon? Son?"
"Yes. I know it does not look like it but hey what can I say?"
He smiled and I streached out a arm.
"Well in that case. I accept your apology. And it's a pleasure to meet you Marchal."
We shook hands, talked for a little while longer and when he got up Hangman entered the room. They stared at eachother for a long time. But in that way of 'Oh I'm so ready to kill you right now'.
When Lone Wolf left Hangman sat down.
"Well good afternoon Lieutenant. How are you this fine day?"
"What do you want hangman?"
"Nothing, nothing. I just wanna know do you have anyone in your life right now say a boyfriend?"
"And what does my personal life have to do with you Hangman?"
"Okay I just wanna know."
Looking up from my phone I saw Hangman staring at the table looking frustrated.
"Hangman?"
He looked up and raised his eyebrows but for once did not smile.
"If it's not to personal to ask. What was that thing between you and Lone wolf?"
He sighd and dropped his head, gave a frustrated maniacal laugh.
"Oh nothing it's just...we have a history."
"What history?"
"Nothing of great importance."
He looked down again and pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a frustrated exhale. I looked at him and cleared my throat.
"Really, it is not important at all."
"Hangman you gotta tell me. I can keep you on high maintenance watch if you start keeping things from me."
He let out a frustrated groan and sat back in his chair crossing his arms.
"Back when I was eighteen I joined the naval academy to become a fighter pilot. And in that same year another student entered class late that year who soon turned out to be Shane. During our days in the academy Shane soon became the instructors favourite. After graduation we where both asighned to the same carrier, but even there he soon became popular climbing the ranks faster than anyone else. The reason for this climb is because when given a task Shane usually goes at it alone, hense the name Lone Wolf. By the time I turned twenty four he was already Captain. Later that year we recived news that Shane was transvered to the army airforce on loan for a few months, but that was the last anyone in the navy ever saw or heard of the legendary Lone wolf, or atleast until now."
I looked at Hangman and just as I was about to ask or say something Bradley stood in the door with his hands in his pockets. I saw Hangman turning around.
"Hey Rooster."
Brad just stared at him and then looked at me. I got up and started walking to him just when Bradley started walking away Hangman grabbed my hand slammed the door shut and locked it.
"Hangman what are you doing?"
He looked at me, his eyes burning with a sick passion. He grabbed my hands and pinned me against the wall and forcefully kissed me. Just then Bradley crashed through the door and takkled Hangman to the ground. When Hangman punched Bradley he stood up and almost kicked Bradley in the ribs, I ran into Hangman and hit him hard in the face. He grabbed my shoulders, turned around and pinned me against the ground and hit me in the face.
The only thing I could remember after that was Bradley and my father standing over me and lights going by the rest was a blur.